Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

2 year maintenance of Wood Tux Warm Honey Gold

Question

Here are some shots of a deck we have been caring for, for 2 years now. There is a shot of the deck the year it was first done, a shot of the deck after 2 years before doing it, and a shot of the deck after the maintenance service. The sunlight int he photos is not the same, but I think you'll get the idea.....

Beth :groovy: :groovy2: :groovy3:

p.s. 2 yr maint. was a breeze, very little product needed, owners are THRILLED and have been thrilled for two years, because it lasted.

post-1-13777214543_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772145432_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772145436_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

We did the floor, the rail caps, and as I think about it, a very light touch up on the rail system, although you can see from the photo it didn't need much of anything. The bulk of it was horizontal work this time. The owner did have us wash and seal the underside on this trip, as they have a really nice patio and like to sit down there and wanted a nice deck in view if they should look up to star gaze. The fence is getting done next year, we washed the house this year as well.

Beth

Beth, since you and Rod have so much expertise. I am thinking of trying wood tex or ready seal on my next customer deck. My question to you is.... It is a 2 year old PT pine and the last Pt I did had sort of a redish orange tint to it not much though but I could tell it... I do not want to put that stain on pt anymore.( it was wooddefender bright cedar, for those who are curious), the homeowner love the color and the results. I want to try Wood Tux or Ready Seal (since they are about 45 min from me and the shipping cost I could save), What would you suggest in as a good color for PT deck that have that yellowish Greenish tint in the wood?

I have spent hours admiring your photos and the warm honey gold seems to look great on PT. Any Suggestions.