Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

DIYer

Question

Our neighborhas been out cleaning his driveway...ALL Day!He's not only been at it all day but he is doing it in his barefeet.I gave the guy a price quote for this about year ago and would have gladly done it for that price.I have to admit it's been fun watching him and waiting to see if the ambulance shows up to rush his freshly washed foot to the ER.

post-306-137772145577_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I believe it has taken all day. He is holding the wand pretty far away to begin with.

A surface cleaner would make short work of that driveway.

Nothing like a swipe of the wand across the top of a foot...... oh the pain of exposed subdermal flesh.

He probably didn't use any chems either or else the bottoms of his feet would be history!

I clean flatwork in my sandals with exposed toes. One can only take so much GA sun.

Wouldn't cut grass exposed, though! I can control where that water goes.

Water blasting a driveway is'nt brain surgery,Sure he's holding the gun far away but maybe he's in the act of whisking away what he has just cleaned.I'm not going to bust on a fella for doing something on his own.And maybe he did'nt care to get it done "lickety split".Maybe he was just enjoying the day.

Dave,

He actually pays someone to cut his grass.His wife just got done painting all the trim on the house a couple weeks ago.He did do a fine job of supervising her on that...LOL.

Ryan,

My wife will be glad to show you what an injection wound from a PWer looks like.She got a small one on her foot a couple years ago with our little machine(only 2300 psi).It took about 6 months to fully heal and the scar is very pretty.

Jeff,

In the pic he is rinsing and area had had just finished up.He stayed about 2" away from the concrete for the serious cleaning.I also don't find fault with someone doing it themselves,but they should have clue about the dangers of the equipment they are operating.

In the local paper around here a man cleaning his drive bare footed went to spray off his feet that got dirty and forgot how much pressure he was using. It peeled his skin like a potaTOE.

In the local paper around here a man cleaning his drive bare footed went to spray off his feet that got dirty and forgot how much pressure he was using. It peeled his skin like a potaTOE.

Man my toes just curled up reading this.

Operating a power washer bare footed or with sandals is not a wise idea. No one ever plans on having an accident with it. But it happens all the time.

Be Smart.......Wear appropriate foot wear. Period.