Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

First Fence cleaning

Question

Here my first attempt at cleaning a paying customers fence and deck. I had practiced on numerous skids and old fences before I even attempted this.

I liked to thank Bob at pressure tek for all the answers to my questions. The F-18 and F-8 is the bomb. I Believe that this is a cedar fence and PT deck.

The second photo is the one where I used bleach on the left and F-18 on the right before I neutrilzed it.

My main objective here is to be as good as BETH, Rod and Shane, those are my set goals and I have put the ball in motion.

Thanks for all that answers these post.

post-743-137772145986_thumb.jpg

post-743-137772145997_thumb.jpg

post-743-137772146004_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

To Shane, Beth. As posted earlier, can anyone of you tell me why those few boards in the middle came out different from the rest of the decking boards. I cleaned an neutralized the board about six times, thinking I did not brighten long enough. They did not get any lighter. Could it be a different specie of wood?.

Will this affect the staining process. I will be using wooddefender Bright Cedar. If the rain will hold off for a few days.

To Shane, Beth. As posted earlier, can anyone of you tell me why those few boards in the middle came out different from the rest of the decking boards. I cleaned an neutralized the board about six times, thinking I did not brighten long enough. They did not get any lighter. Could it be a different specie of wood?.

Will this affect the staining process. I will be using wooddefender Bright Cedar. If the rain will hold off for a few days.

It's hard to tell by those pics maby you have a close up of the floor?

Shane, I just posted a shot of the floor in another photo shot.

Thanks for the nice comment. I envy your work and my goal is to duplicate it.. LOL.

But I will with experience under my belt.

NO prob :cool:

The different looks of the boards are not your fault.It just looks like when they built the deck they put down boards that had the grain look together.Some boards have more knots and some might have a tighter grain.

Degraffreed,

Nice cleaning job......those dark boards will most likely be blended in with the rest when it dries....go back and check it out, you probably wont be able to tell which boards were dark..... nice job again :cool:

Possibilities....

Deck boards in the middle could have been a different age...

Also sometimes you will just get boards that are cut different and look diffent as a result (see fence for a good example of that - sometimes it's just the wood)...

Possible also is that there is a remnant of something on those boards... what did you strip?

As Shane said it is hard to tell at that angle. Got a close up of the floor?

Beth :cup: :groovy2:

p.s. Looks geat!!! :dancing: :banana:

Beth, this was an unsealed deck with heavy graying. I cleaned it about a year ago when I first go it to the biz. Great customer and he is alway satified with my work. I was giving the formula for the F-18 by Bob.