Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

Deck Pictures

Question

7 answers to this question

Degraffreed

You mentioned the floor in the other thread...I see shadows here...are trees growing over this deck? Where are the leaves, twigs, etc. going to land? You might have issues related to trees here.

Beth

Pressure Pro. thanks for the comments. I used f-18 at 3oz per gallon and the part that you mentioned is bright,is where I actually start to neutralize the deck. I was a great learning experince. Looking at being a littl faster next time.

Beth. there are trees in his backyard. It does have leaves shedding onto the deck. I am not understanding your question in relation to the post?

In the shot before cleaning, it appears that leaves may have contributed to what it was you had to work on.

Overall, tannin from leaves, pitch, sap, blooms, berries, etc. can stain and darken a deck inthe areas where they lay. It's something we run across regularly and have to deal with as we clean. Areas effected by mature tree growth (and this varies depending on the kinds of trees too) can make for a problematic deck. Educate the home owner as to how to avoid problems between cleaning, such as sweeping or blowing off the deck regularly. It will make your job next time easier, and keep the deck looking better longer between visits....and you would be amazed how many people ignore the debris on the deck - the majority of them.

Hope this helps.

Beth

Thanks beth, I notice that your post deck staining on a regular basis. I assume your not getting much rain up their in Maryland or are you? Are you using that wood tux stain. How is that compared to RS and Wooddefender type oil based penetrating stain?

I hope next season to be going full bore on staining But first I have to find a stain that ccan be applied with out having to watch the weather.

Thanks for the replies