Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

Inversion tables

Question

I have had mine for 6 months and I get on it for about 5-10 mins a day and wow what a difference in my back. I encourage anyone with back problems to get one.I have 4 protruding discs in my back and degenerative disc disease and was given up hope about 3 years ago went to surgeons,chiropractors,physical therapy,and nothing I repeat nothing has helped my back like my inversion table.Unbelievable!icon7.gif

12 answers to this question

Mel,

You really swear by it??

My back is pretty much a mess and I'm one of those who does not have a second go by that my back does not hurt..It's a chiropractor's dream :)

I tried one of the inversion tables for about 10 minutes over the 4th of July holiday (my buddy has one for his back) and lemme tell ya.. It hurt like hell... I guess I either didn't do it right, or my back is WAYYY more messed up than I already thought.

I might be willing to go another try, but jeez Louise..I hafta know that there's light at the end of that tunnel.

Did either of you guys get the cortisone shot in the back? it usually takes a second one to really take hold.....??

Cujo, when you tried the table, it probably moved a disc and put excessive pressure on a nerve......those tables wont work for everyone...good to hear its working for you Mel... :)

Oh come on guys,the Titanium implant in my neck doesn't slow me down,that much.My spine doc is rated in the top 10 nation wide so I struck the lotto when I got hurt and he fixed the problem(ruptured disc C5-C6,with partial paralysis of the left side of my body).

The cortizone didn't help me.I have built up an ammunity to it and can't have any until 2006.

A good chirpractor can give you relief.I go see mine about 1 time a month for a regular adjustment.

Cujo, sounds like you have a nasty nerve......OUCH !!! research the cortisone, it helps a lot of people, but the 1st shot usually doesnt do it, the second one most of the time works fine....but, sometimes they offer a third.....

Scott, sounds like your just a disaster zone !!! :) good luck "with all that".....

my body is a wreck too...mostly from 12 years of dealing with the full time gig.....and I usually never get stuff fixed, if Im not limping, iceing or tapeing something, I must not be doing my job well enough... :cool:

I hurt my back and spent 6 weeks sleeping on the floor. Didn't help! Came home with a bottle of Jim Beam one night and the wife flipped. She said "What are you doing?" I said "It's either drink or cry!" Next morning, got up and went to the Dr. and he said I had a bulging disc. With a lot of stretching and no real lifting in the past year, it's gotten better but I still feel it everyday. Growing old is a bitc#!

Cujo's only problem is his SO keeps kicking him each time he gets up!

I have had an inversion table for years and they do work, shots too but can't have many now.

Trick to those tables is go SLOWLY at first, and never right after you eat Cujo, take your time, stay inverted only a couple minutes and add a couple each time till you can stay that way for 10 minutes totally upside down.

You should feel your backbone cracking as it stretches.

As for those knuckle cracking docs, no way, saw one one time, walked in bent over, crawled out and did not pay the quack.

Don't trust chrio's ever again.

My 5 lower verts are totally degenerated, surgery MIGHT help says the doc but no promises so I will suffer when it hurts or goes out.

I think we all know being over weight does not help and I admit I am indeed a few pounds overweight, hmmm, 65 excess pounds.

I like my BBQ steaks. Not beer.

Mel,

You really swear by it??

My back is pretty much a mess and I'm one of those who does not have a second go by that my back does not hurt..It's a chiropractor's dream :)

I tried one of the inversion tables for about 10 minutes over the 4th of July holiday (my buddy has one for his back) and lemme tell ya.. It hurt like hell... I guess I either didn't do it right, or my back is WAYYY more messed up than I already thought.

I might be willing to go another try, but jeez Louise..I hafta know that there's light at the end of that tunnel.

Cujo I really swear by it,I was a paramedic for 11 years and lifting people really took a toll on my back I hurt my back 4 years ago.Went to Dr. he laughed and told me I needed a neuro-surgeon.He said I wasn't a sugical candidate (back was too bad)like I mentioned in earlier post I have 4 discs that are terrible and a few others around it that aren't in good shape either.I did some research on the net I finally went to a Kinesiologist (they specialize in movement)he worked with me and I was back working again.He suggested I get an inversion table.I thought they were expensive so it took me awhile to get one.I found one on the net for $149.00 +$50 shipping so I bought it. I started out very slow and didn't invert totally then lil by lil I worked my way up to 5-10 min totally inverted.Cujo if you buy one don't get frustrated keep working at it.The final outcome with the neuro-surgeon he told me to find a job where I was sedentary for 8 hrs a day and get up to stretch.The docs all gave up on me but I was determined to have a better outcome.I was just like you eating ibuprofen by the handfulls and I thought this can't be good now I rarely take any meds for pain I take a zantac for my stomach cuz the damage ibuprofen caused and thats it.Cujo I could talk about this all day I have pages and pages of research if you wanna talk someday don't hesitate to call. Sorry for the long post.icon7.gificon7.gif

I might have to get one of these things for Rod. His back is a mess. The hot tub is great for things muscular, and tendon pain, and if you are only slightly out of alignment. But for major relief, this might be the ticket. Anyone got a link? You know I love links...

Beth

Mel,

You really swear by it??

Cujo, do you know what is wrong? I have a chiropractor here in Duluth, that works on us (about 8 national/world level competitive powerlifters) He is great and realizes people can't "take it easy for 6 weeks" He can work on you and get you back in shape. Let me know.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

678-360-2518

Great career path we have chosen, eh? Add me to the list of afflicted. I was told by my neuro to never go to a chiropractor to have an orthopedic MD adjust spinal alignment. Don't underestimate the power of massage. The muscles in your back will compensate for injury and then you end up feeling more day to day pain. There is also a buildup of lactic acid in the muscle which actually turns into scarring limiting your mobility even more. I get one once a week and it has helped tremendously. At least I can still walk upright after a ten hour day.