Sign in to follow this  
Dave O

Not to frighten everybody.

Don't get scared it's not here yet. LOL We have just been thinking ahead as usual to keep the work coming. I have been asked every winter from my commercial customers why I don't plow. So this year we are having the plows and v Box sander/salters installed on trucks. Already informed some of the customers already and they have all jumped on the contract deal, actually thought they were going to hug me. I was never to be one for sleep so why start now, I would rather be working LOL. Every winter we would here the same thing that the other guy never showed up, even after the snow had stopped days later. So to expand the business we decided to ad this service. Going to feel wierd plowing again. Sorry if I scared every one but have to be thinking way ahead since we all know the months fly by fast. I already had to put my winter protect the equipment and house checklist together LOL. My other friend even offers Christmas lights, but I don't like the fire risk issue , with insurance or not.

My other friend even offers Christmas lights, but I don't like the fire risk issue , with insurance or not.

I've thought about the christmas light thing as well, but I never considered the fire hazard. Maybe I'll do some more thinking before I decide to go down that road.

I just think of the fire due to all the snow that piles on top of my own X-mas lights in the winter. Then the bulb goes out with the whole string that was advertised not to go out LOL or the overloading the circuit and strings issue. Just don't think I myself could handle the calls when the bulbs go out at all hours. From what he told me you don't make much the first year, since you have to buy all the lights and special things people will want on their lawn, but he does have some that spend over 15,000 even more for X-mas lights in the winter. I'll stick with the plow and sander LOL I don't want to be frosty the idiot on a ladder hanging off the roof looking for the bulb that went out. Easy part is always puting them up, it's the taking them down when it's cold, that sucks he said. Almost want to cut them down but you need them for next year.

My other friend even offers Christmas lights, but I don't like the fire risk issue , with insurance or not.

I was under the impression that most of the Christmas lights ran from only 12 volt systems... I know nothing about this but I would think the fire risk would be low w/ only 12 volts... Anyone have any info on this? Seems to be a big business around here in S.FL...