Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

question from a new contractor

Question

do you always have to back a second day to seal a deck. I know the target is 12% moisture in the wood. After washing and brightening is it common to seal in the same day. I understand alot depends on weather and so on. I am just trying to figure out how to avoid going to a job sight 2 times only for the fact that i live out in the boonies, 45 miles to the nearest city. thank you for any input.

6 answers to this question

Ben,there is a new formula called Wood tux wet. This is supposed to let you stain even if the wood is wet. Still waiting on my samples from Russ to test product.Call Russell Cissell. Look up Russell on the search button and you can call him personally.

Hey Ben,

Degraffreed is right, the new Wood Tux wet formula should solve your problem. Give Russell a call or you can call or visit Sun Brite supply on the web at SunBriteSupply

They also carry it in stock and can answer your questions on it. Russell is a stand up guy but, I know a lot of contractors would rather talk to people that have tested the products or use them themselves instead of trusting the usual salesman.

You can trust Russell and the guys on this board and at Sun Brite though, to give you the strait out truth.

We demonstrated the WTW at the last round table in NC. We showed every one the moisture reading was exceeding 30% at the time of application with a moisture meter.

Then we directly applied Wood Tux Wet to the wood and allowed it to dry. In a matter of an hour, WTW had penetrated into the substrate and started to cure on the surface. It was a great demonstration for all to see and it looked just like it would if it were applied to dry wood.

Rod~