Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Contract Terms and Conditions

Found this line in a sample contract:

The maximum limit of liability of __________ company under this warranty shall be $10,000. Under terms and conditions of their contract.

Does anyone use this line in their contracts? If so, what dollar figure do you use?

Thanks,

Mike

Anyone have a statement like this in their terms and conditions?? If not, then do you have something similar? I found this on a sample contract on another site and was wondering if this is really used.

Thanks,

Mike

It depends on the general liability insurance coverage you have to cover the job as well.

We put a cap figure into ours to cover the possibility of repair or replacement but not the entire structure. It is a good faith limitation statement of what you are willing to cover if your business creates damage. This does not preclude the client from taking it to litigation. We also specify that we reserve the right to select and hire a contractor to conduct any repair/replacement that we are not capable of doing ourselves.

Rod~

I use that contract but have changed it to fit my needs. I also use the $10,000 clause and what Beth and Rod have said. I do business with some of the biggest named businessmen in the country and haven't had any problems with it yet.

It depends on the general liability insurance coverage you have to cover the job as well.

We put a cap figure into ours to cover the possibility of repair or replacement but not the entire structure. It is a good faith limitation statement of what you are willing to cover if your business creates damage. This does not preclude the client from taking it to litigation. We also specify that we reserve the right to select and hire a contractor to conduct any repair/replacement that we are not capable of doing ourselves.

Rod~

Thanks Rod. Do you cap most of your jobs at $10,000?

Not sure what you mean by "It depends on the general liability insurance coverage you have to cover the job as well". I have $1 mil. in GL coverage which would cover any job that I do (exept fleets...I don't wash fleets).

Thanks!

Mike

I use that contract but have changed it to fit my needs. I also use the $10,000 clause and what Beth and Rod have said. I do business with some of the biggest named businessmen in the country and haven't had any problems with it yet.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I was wanting to see if anyone else was use the $10,000 figure. I've started with that contract and am making any needed changes as well.

Thanks,

Mike