Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Gas cans filling

Has anyone used those 5 gallon gas cans that have the hose, pump and a nozzle like at a gas station, but alot cheaper looking. The nozzles look real cheap, but the idea is good. Im have problems filling my skid unit out of a 5 gallon gas can. Getting some spillage in trailer and its just a difficult angle. No major problem.

Any other suggestions on making filling tanks easier?

I tried one last year....It worked for a while, but the pump eventually broke on it. I liked it for the safety aspect when filling 13hp machines and having that hot exhaust cover right beside the gas tank.

Has anyone used those 5 gallon gas cans that have the hose, pump and a nozzle like at a gas station, but alot cheaper looking. The nozzles look real cheap, but the idea is good. Im have problems filling my skid unit out of a 5 gallon gas can. Getting some spillage in trailer and its just a difficult angle. No major problem.

Any other suggestions on making filling tanks easier?

Jeff,

You might consider moving swapping the location of the tank and skid to make fueling easier.

You can build a shelf near the machine and use something like this.You'll still have to remove these to fill.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&productId=200269574&R=200269574&issearch=19566

Does the rig pull to the right with the tank,machine and hose reels all on one side?

Jeff,

You might consider moving swapping the location of the tank and skid to make fueling easier.

You can build a shelf near the machine and use something like this.You'll still have to remove these to fill.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&productId=200269574&R=200269574&issearch=19566

Does the rig pull to the right with the tank,machine and hose reels all on one side?

No it rides real sweet, Tanks in the middle over they axle, plus my 55 gallon,, 12% drum is on the oppisite side along with my cold water machines.

Scott, I like that fuel tank , I think thats a go. If I mount it to the rear or side door, I might not have to remove it to fill, THANKS!!!

I bought one of those handy pumps that you mentioned to fill my machine on the Ford so I didnt have to climg into the bed to add gas.

Works really well for me and for just under $20 from northern tool, it saves on my back...

Item #169471-2601 "HAN-D PUMP"

Rod~

I use the cheap hand prime kero pumps. They work good , maybe a little slow but they don't spill fuel on the floor. But I can fill both tanks on my mach. from the side door.:D