Sign in to follow this  
glock40

lost job

Well guys I received a call today from ym full time job that I am being layed off. This was my bread and butter to the mortage and my sons school tuition. The Painting and powerwashing supplemented the other bills. Well I guess the reason im writting is to see if anyone in the Connecticut area has a lead they can spare. I sure as heck will travel up to 1 hour from home on any lead so my family can still survive. Please email me or pm me if you have any lead info to spare. Thank to all glock40

Well guys I received a call today from ym full time job that I am being layed off. This was my bread and butter to the mortage and my sons school tuition. The Painting and powerwashing supplemented the other bills. Well I guess the reason im writting is to see if anyone in the Connecticut area has a lead they can spare. I sure as heck will travel up to 1 hour from home on any lead so my family can still survive. Please email me or pm me if you have any lead info to spare. Thank to all glock40

Glock,

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best and hope it all works out.

Mike

Glock, sorry to here about the job loss. But you are a contract cleaner... go clean something a make that money!!!!!!!!!!!. Keep the faith, god will not place more on you than you can handle. I truly live by that word. Do not sweat the small stuff. After the shock, hurt, betrayal, and the self pity wears off you wil be okay. Do not let them take you DIGNITY.

Hey Glock40,

Where's your union to help you in your time of need?? Were you still on probation?? If so then they can pretty much lay you off for anything which I always thought was a quirk in the system. I knew of a guy way back when who was skiing on his time off and he broke his leg....so what did the job do??? Lay him off because he was still a probie.......

Now you can build up your contractor end with nothing holding you back. Best of luck........

Hang in there, you'll make it. Flyer like hell for quick work with minimum cash outlay. That'll buy you some time to save for and plan a more organized marketing campaign.

Hey Glock40,

Where's your union to help you in your time of need?? Were you still on probation?? If so then they can pretty much lay you off for anything which I always thought was a quirk in the system. I knew of a guy way back when who was skiing on his time off and he broke his leg....so what did the job do??? Lay him off because he was still a probie.......

Now you can build up your contractor end with nothing holding you back. Best of luck........

Ive been asking him that for awhile now.....cmon Glock, get that union working for you, if not get that lawyer to earn his damn money....!!!! Hate seeing this happen to us, politics and cities covering their butts at the expense of someones career, thats BS.....this job isnt what it used to be, eh John?

It will work out. Every time a door closes a better one usually opens. Keep your faith.

Although difficult right now, when you look back on this situation later, you will see that Ken's words are the truth.

While it may sound comforting, "hanging in there" won't put food on the table. What was your FT job? Are the skills transferrable? Perhaps we can think of alternatives to consider. Since you are asking for something in a seemingly desperate manner, I'm guessing you don't have a huge reserve of cash to float on until you can gain the contract work necessary to cover the loss, so maybe you can quickly move into another FT line that will provide you with the minimum income until you are able to secure something better.

And hey, if you can do design work (using AutoCAD type systems), I may could help get you something good in GA. Plenty of good pressure washing real estate around here too if you look for it for weekend supplement.

You may not want to limit yourself to just a hour from home - we're traveling from "Myrtle Beach to Murphy" right now but you have to go where the money is! Believe me, it's much easier for me (as the wife/mother) to adjust to Roger being on the road making money than having him here at home doing NOTHIN!

Keep your faith - it will all be the way he wants it to be before it's over.

Celeste

One of the major employers in my area has just sold and the new owners are sending alot of the work overseas,which will leave some of my friends and alot of others out of a job.Not alot of quality work in this area to turn to.My point is you're not alone.

You should be able to collect unemployment. You payed into it for how many yrs. Now you need it , so start collecting. I lost my job in Feb. of this year. Thats when I started prsuure washing. It has been a good summer but with it starting to slow a little I am needing to find a job because my enemployment is running out. I will not give up the pressure washing I know it takes some time to build up to full time. It just makes you work harder at going full time.

Check and see if CT has a program like PA does. It's called the Self-Employment Assistance Program. It allowes you to start a business and still collect unemployment. They provied 54 hrs or class room time at the local comm. college. and teachs you alot of stuff about how to run a business. I went through the program and t has helped alot.

My union is still fighting to get my job back also. But it looks like it could take up to or longer than a yr. :(

Good luck

After reading the post I can sure say that you all know how to bring a guys spirit up. I have been working on gettting my resume out to companys that are hiring, and hope that I can get a shot at one of them. You all have been truelly helpfull with your words and I just want to say Thank You. I will sure keep you guys updated as to how my search is going.

It will work out. Every time a door closes a better one usually opens. Keep your faith.

I was just going to say that. :)

I know everything will work out for the best, just keep that in your mind.