Sign in to follow this  
cjansa

Final Staircase Pics

Well here it is. And none too soon with the first snowfall here already! I'm a bit disappointed with the discoloration. Next year we will have to look into cob blasting and do this job right.

post-1344-137772147788_thumb.jpg

post-1344-137772147792_thumb.jpg

post-1344-137772147796_thumb.jpg

Hmmm....the lack of response can't be good. I did my best with what I had, good thing I don't do this for a living or I'd starve. I have a deck situation that needs to be dealt with next spring that I would like some advice on. That is if I haven't exceeded my quota of neglegent homeowner questions. :)

Hi Cindy!

Pat yourself on the back! That is quite an undertaking for a homeowner. Post pics of the deck when you are ready, and I'm sure you'll get feedback. There are lots of folks here online who do deck work.

Enjoy that beautiful home in all that snow you guys get.

Beth

It looks good to me. I have never touched a log other than when I took vacations in the Poconos as a kid so I'm not sure what to look for or if the discolorations are normal. I'd say a definite nice job for a person that doesn't do this for a living!

I think you did an unbelievable job considering the level of work that you chose to start on! I think I'm glad there are not that many very determined homeowners out there or WE'd all starve!

Keep the pics coming - we can live vicariously through you!

Celeste

I don't think that you did a bad job at all. Really I have no experience with a home like that, and I won't usually offer advice or support on something I'm not qualified for.

I can say that I'm not sure you will ever get the results you're looking for with the tools and equipment at your disposal. It may require an experienced pro to take the results to the next level.

Congrats on having the courage and fortitude to undertake the task yourself!