Sign in to follow this  
steffysmom

Pricing Gas Station Canopies

Hi Everyone: My husband and I are new to this site--it looks like there is a lot of good information available to us through this web site. We are going into business with a gentleman who has been in the PW business for over 15 years--he has been a great teacher to us. There is one thing that we came across that we are having trouble with--pricing the gas station canopies. For those of you who have done this type of work before, we would appreciate it if you could share with us what you charge the customer for a particular size canopy and how long it took you to clean the canopy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steffysmom

There are quite a few variables on these.

Dust vs exhaust (truck stops would be worse than the average station)

Lift vs extension pole

Do lights need to be covered? (some stations have exposed fluirescent tubes vs enclosed sodium vapr/metal halide)

aluminum ceiling vs painted plywood

Always cover the pumps even if they do not have card readers built in.

Plan for plenty of debris/sludge as no matter how clean they may seem, you will be surprised at what comes off. You will need to rinse the entire pad under the canopy so that needs to be included in the price.

Water recovery should also be in your plans as you will be an easy target for fines.

With all that out of the way, I usually charge the same as the concrete below, if it is just the underside. If they want the outer vertical part done as well, then I add on as needed.

Our pricing out here is way different than yours, so just figure it based on your concrete square foot price and adjust as needed to dial it in.

I have one tip, becasreful of painted anything. they use water based indoor paint to save dollars. if you two step this your have a mess on your hands.

do a search I have written extensive cleaning process, I talk about the gas pump safety also. you can also pick up the phone. You may do a search on *** also. PWN i have some threads about this AKA Ron Marshal

Water recovery Depends on the class Dry well and the CWA standards of building code and Local enforcement.

Hows the gas station market in other areas. Around here they dont pay worth a darn and most look like crap stll when they are done. I guess you get what you pay for. and have never seen water reclaim around here. I wont go near gas stations after knowing what they pay.