Sign in to follow this  
PowerPlay

Would a tank like this work?

I just bought a box truck and would like a rectangular tank to save on room.

I am not looking at purchasing the tank from ebay, someone local to me gets these tanks all the time.

The only concern I have with this tank is if it will be strong enough to hold up "over the road."

http://cgi.ebay.com/275-GALLON-WATER-STORAGE-TANK-OIL-FUEL-BIODIESEL-GAS_W0QQitemZ7556788851QQcategoryZ46536QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Opinions would be great!

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan,

Yes a tote tank will work.We had one on our rig before trading with Carolina Pro Wash for 225 leg tank.The biggest concern I have with most totes is the gate valve,often times they a not the highest quality.On most you can replace the valve witha Banjo valve that is muxh most durable and reliable.

Make sure you strap the tank down,If I were mounting one in a box truck I would use heavy eye bolts anchored through the floor and 2" rachet straps or have some kind of customer straps made that would allow you the anchor through the floor.

Ours was anchor on our rig with u bolts over the bottom of teh basket and through the floor,when I took it off to to give to Roger and Celeste the U bolts were cracking.

Those tote tanks are all that I use or have used, work great for me and are very cheap if not free. I install a tank bung at the bottom to feed my washer and leave the gate valve to use as a dump. I also made an adapter so I could hook up a garden hose to the gate valve and run another portable machine off of the same tank.

They arent the same thickness as say, leg tanks, but they work well. I did see one collapse once. I Have a couple like the one you showed. its a good decent tank

Nathan you can run it all of the vale if you can locate a 4-way connector.I had our tote plumbed with a T,but had a 4-way I was going to plumb it in and didn't get around to it before tha trade w/Roger & Celeste.

The hardest past about installinga bung in teh tank is making it leak proof.I prefer teh bing that have a collar that threads on the back.I have seen them epoxied in and they seem to work fine.