Sign in to follow this  
Curb Appeal

Best way to put down concrete sealer

I have about 180 gallons of V-Seal concrete sealer to put down and I'm looking for the fastest way to do it. my choices are 2 gallon pump-up sprayer, 4 gallon backpack pump-up, 4 gallon Shurflo battery powered rechargeable backpack, or a 15-30 gallon Shurflo setup mounted on my trailer with +- 200' of hose.

Of course the pump-up sprayers are the cheapest route but I think they will be too time consuming and I don't like the idea of the inconsistent pressure. I like the portability of the Shurflo backpack but @ only 4 gallons I'd be refilling quite a bit. That leaves the trailer mounted option. It would be the most expensive option after I buy a battery (or could I hook it up to my PW battery?) and 200' of hose (it only comes with 15').

Have I missed anything? Anybody have any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know where I can find tips for the sprayer wand? I'm not too fond of the hollow cone pattern and would much prefer a fan patern.

thanks,

This may sound way off the wall but the best way (shown to me by a mason with 30 years experience) is to actually pour the product and use a large floor squeegee to spread it around. Just like in wood you want the concrete to soak up as much of the product as possible so you get even coverage without blotchiness. Now you have a ton of s/f so the problem is it may soak up more than you want it to and your usage estimate may be short.

It's also aggregate so that wouldn't work in my situation. And you CAN put too much of this stuff down. If it's overapplied, it forms a white haze that doesn't go away for a few weeks.

Good idea though.

V-seal is real thin stuff, Ive applied it with a 15 gallon 3gpm shurflo in the past and went OK. I forget what size fan tip i put on it, but it was wide fan.

Jeff,

You're right it is very thin, and expensive. I got about 275 sq. ft. out of the first gallon that I used on a patio as a demo for the HOA. I used a 2 ga. pump-up for that and I still overapplied a little. I think if I can get a fan tip I can get a little better coverage and go a little quicker.

My favorite choice right now is a Dobbins 15 gal. 12 volt sprayer. I'm not sure of the GPM but I think it's 1.8. Harbor Freight has them for $99 & I'm going to check them out in the next couple of days. That would mean I would have to spend about $100 on 200' of hose and a battery (unless I can hook it up to my PW battery without draining it).

Any good places to buy a tip and some hose?

Thanks,