Sign in to follow this  
Atlantic Power Washing

gutters

Question

well guys i am happy to say that i think i found somthing that works.......i used R-109 mixed at 5 lbs. per 10 gallons and added about a quart of HD-80 and sprayed it on full strength......15 sec. dwell time and rinse..no scrubbing...gutters looked brand new...i did this on three houses today and i was very pleased with the results and the best part about it is the price, it works out to about less than a doller per gallon..

28 answers to this question

I only use gutter Zap it works great. I spray it on with back pack sprayer and rinse , once in awhile brush it on or xjet it just dont let it sit to long or it drys on again. people are amazed

Just thought I'd mention this......

Since it was suggested that ammonia may clean black streaks from gutters, I'd be concerned if chlorine/bleach is used in the house wash mix. Poisonous gas. Of course it's outside, but I still would be very careful.

I'd also like to mention that everyone has contributed some great ideas and solutions, but please be careful regarding chemical incompatibilities. Know what's in each product you use, and take the time to understand what can and cannot be mixed with each.

For example, does anyone know that regular brake fluid mixed with chlorine will self combust and start a fire?

I mention that because storage in your trailer or garage needs to be thought out in regards to the many chems we in this business use.

If anybody knows of Greg from the Deckguide BBS, he had a van burn to the ground from improperly stored old rags. It can and does happen.