Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

My Stuff Finally Gets A Turn

Question

With the season winding down, my new garage (which until recently was somebody else's old garage) got a floorcleaning. My old hotrod also benefitted, as it is unfit to travel even the short distance required to allow for a proper cleaning, note the cedar "parking brakes" deployed.:rolleyes2 Kind of a Before, during, and after. Sorry about the different camera positions and the tilt, this is still a learning thing.:)

post-1043-137772149294_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1377721493_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149305_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Did the floor with some purple stuff the Mother in Law was kind enough to supply.(She loves to help) Mostly metasilicate and sodium hydroxide, used a 24" SteelEagle and my Tuff 4GPM moneymaker on wheels.:) These are all befores:

post-1043-13777214931_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149316_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149321_thumb.jpg

Thats a 71 Dodge Demon, balanced and blue-printed (in 88) 318. Some go-fast stuff, a real, honest, Beautiful Polluter! It has sat in storage for ten years, and is getting torn open this winter. Thus the cleaning. It got a blast of Glimmer from Sunbrite,with Rowlett's wet-wax and foamer added. The floors only got cleaned because I had the odd chems sitting around, and wanted to use and see. Here are some better Pics of the Demon.:) Unfortunately, I didn't know that you can't post the same file in two threads, so you have to look in the testing section, to see the better pics. If I get the chance, I'll doctor some more and put them here.

post-1043-137772149343_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149349_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149354_thumb.jpg

The color is actualy GO MANGO. But I always called it GO MAN GO!

Cool Dodge man!

One could only really fantasize it to be a hemi cuda. Even one in rough shape can command $50k +.

My first car was a 69 Nova SS. A factory 396 car that had not been treated particularly well. Every penny I made from 10 to almost 18 went into that ride, and brother she was F A S T ! The problem was there was this guy around with a small-block Dodge Demon kickin' hiney all over town.

Fast forward about five years, and I'm working with that guy in a lumberyard. My Nova was stolen, stripped, and burned three days before I turned 18, and now I'm 23 and earning nearly 20 grand a year. I'm a rich man with nothing fun to drive, and my pal needs money to get married.

I love this car, but I haven't loved it lately, so this is going to get the love I was about to lavish on a 68 Triumph chopper. I figure I should fix what I have before I set up a new mess in the shop.

Thanks for the compliments, and Tony, my dad insists that Go Mango was called Competition Orange over at Plymouth. (He was driving a 68 440 GTX when I was born) The demon might get a new crate hemi next year, the 318 in her was never meant to run this long, but it might take a few washes before I have that kinda loot to spill.:lgsad:

Well I'm not sure what Plymouth called that color, but Dodge really made it famous, as GO MANGO.

Since your hunk of Detroit iron is a Dodge, we'll call it Go Mango!

Demons are so rare anymore. Alot of them went crash and burn because of the power of the hemis. You have got a keeper. A real rare find anymore.

There is a guy in Dallas Tx. (gawd I miss the lone star state) that has a lime green 67 charger that he pulls a lime green trailer with a lime green super bird

( super big 3.5 ft spoiler in back) with hemi to alot of the collector shows around Big D and beyond. It is a site to see. Valued at over 150k for the setup. IMHO the super bird was the greatest high performance street legal car ever made. I hope to someday have as a project. I have always loved GM, but the super bird takes the cake. I have also always loved the AMC Javelin with the 360 big block and dual carbs stock. About 400 hp. What a ride. Plus the Gremlin is a great ride to lose your virginity in ( oops sorry I have said too much). You have a real keeper. Keep us posted on the restore project.

caio