Sign in to follow this  
Don Phelps

Big Screen T.V.s

Question

Of those who have big screen t.v.'s, which brand do you prefer and why? Pro's and con's? General comments?

We're planning to buy each other one for Christmas and want to make sure we get something nice and dependable.

36 answers to this question

Thanks guys.

I'm not much of an electronics wiz, but after doing some homework and checking these forums you guys provided, I think we made out just fine.

I'll keep ya posted on how everything goes. :)

Cool you'll get a much better picture with DTV!

You have that built in Hi Def tuner so you can get local Hi-Def channels.Hook up an off-air antenna and you'll catch ABC,CBS,etc PBS is the best.

I paid $400 after rebates for the HiDef DtvTivo box it's more that worth it to have it all in one box!

They will have to come out and change your antenna to an oval and tripple LNB dish..

My off air antenna through Directv only gets one HD off air channel and that is ABC and even then it only comes in for March through October. I am in a prime spot to receive all the channels but for what ever reason I don't. They have been out multiple times to try and have nothing but one channel for half the year.

My off air antenna through Directv only gets one HD off air channel and that is ABC and even then it only comes in for March through October. I am in a prime spot to receive all the channels but for what ever reason I don't. They have been out multiple times to try and have nothing but one channel for half the year.

Damm that sucks only getting ABC off-air...You must be far from the towers in your city.I get my locals off air pretty good for the most part..I live near an airport so the planes kill my reception.

You can ask to get Hi def locals from a different market other than where you live.You have to get a letter from your local T.V stations giving DTV the ok to let you recieve other broadcast in diff.cities.

I have a radio shack antenna that receives pretty good and that's not even having a signal booster.

Did DTV only try their own antenna?

Beth,

Forgive the intrusion but inquiring minds just have to know. You just purchased a top of the line HDTV. Yesterday, you spent viewing time watching movies. The clarity is amazing. Is this correct?

Yesterday, one of the greatest battles in professional sports took place. It was broadcast in high definition. Are we to believe that you missed one of the best sporting events ever seen by modern man?

Shocking, inexcusable, unAmerican! How can we hold our collective heads up high? We're Americans, dag nab it. We watch FOOTBALL on Sunday. We buy what they sell, and watch the game in-between. Ms. Clinton surely knows that (blame Celeste, she started it).

Tongue in cheek of course. Congratulations of joining the rest of us recent converts in figuring out HDTV is more than worthwhile. I'm sure you and yours spent a much more peaceful day than us gut-wrenched NFL idiots.

Rick, we did see one of the two games, we watched the Saints lose.... we will watch the bowl of course ;) We never miss that! But I have to say we had so much fun going through all the settings, getting to know how to use it, discovering that the food on the Food Network looks even better now....watching cartoons, movies, even the weather channel looks good!

Beth

Beth,

With all due respect, YOU WATCHED THE WRONG GAME! Cartoons, the Food Channel, movies, the Weather Channel?

At 6:30 PM last night, one of the greatest battles in the history of the NFL took place. The Patriots - Colts collision make Ali-Frasier bouts a walk in the park. Even my wife Judy, who cares less about football, was literally screaming at the TV. If you love professional football, the game was one for the ages.

All kidding aside, enjoy your new window to the world.

We finally got one!

Mitsubishi, 52" DLP 1080P

Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Mitsubishi WD-52631 52 in. HDTV Television at Epinions.com

We love it!

Beth :cup:

That's a nice tv. We have the same one in our living room. We bought it last July after we moved the 65" Mitsu to the basement. (Nightmare!) We really like it. Mitsu rocks. Both tv's have been really good ones. 24 in HD really rocks! I'm getting my HD DVR from Direct TV installed on Feb 5. No more commercials!