Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

Strange encrustation

Question

7 answers to this question

Some sort of encrustation, and it may be toxic: I shot these exposures at about the same time of day, but look how dark everything is and flashes of light before my eyes! I even began to shiver as I was taking these last shots.

WHAT IS THIS STUFF?:lgbugeyes

post-1043-137772149529_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149534_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772149539_thumb.jpg

Is it overspray from the painter next door?

Snow I only miss the snow for a few minutes when I think of it. I like being a Damn Yankee in SC.

Good luck this winter it was 77 yesterday here

Some sort of encrustation, and it may be toxic:

We don't run into it much down here, but IIRC I believe that you are dealing with pure crystalized dihydrogen monoxide. Be very careful, as it can be quite dangerous. There is another thread here that deals with the hazards of working with dihydrogen monoxide.

One more thing. The white stuff is tricky to deal with, but whatever you do avoid the yellow variety. Apparently it's a mixture of DHM and an organic acid. Make sure that everyone on your crew understands: Never put yellow dihydrogen monoxide in your mouth!

:lgcold:

Some sort of encrustation, and it may be toxic: I shot these exposures at about the same time of day, but look how dark everything is and flashes of light before my eyes! I even began to shiver as I was taking these last shots.

That is the nasty ;we dont have here