Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

commercial advice

Question

Do you guys and gals charge the same for commercial work and residential. I put togather a bid using residential pricing and it seems low. I know someone that works at this place and they pay 7000 grand a quarter for window cleaning. please help. thank you

3 answers to this question

I dont know to much commercial work that is like residential work, so I would say you definitly have to charge different.

Commercial concrete around here could go for $.05 - $.15 sq ft sometimes more with alot of rust stain removal. On large residential driveways i figure it at $.10

Now doing buildings like condos, I think I should be able to charge a big price, but the market around here doesnt allow it. Ive done homes for $500 and then Ive done condo complexes with several buildings that are twice the size of that $500 house wash and I only say charge $400 for each condo building and add cost of lift if needed. If I tried to chrage say $500-$1000 a building I would never get the work. Ive had the chance to see compitions bids and Im usually right around the right price. All the larger project I do with at least 2 machines up to 4 machines and we can fly thru a complex and I can make anywhere from $500 - $1500 a day after all expenses.

What Im try to say is you just cant price commercial the same, You have to figure out what the market in your area will bear

I figure alot of jobs by time , labor & material and then what I want to make per day, it works for me, theres no set price on alot of the work we do. Ive made $300 aday and Ive made $2000 a day, it really depends on the job and how you do it

God luck maybe some of the other guys can help with pricing

JL

thanks jeff. The building is 995 linear feet second story, 2000 sq ft of concrete and 1500 of it is a load dock so it is pretty dirty, almost black and 1235 linear feet of second story painted steel beams, just a bare structure. Oh and the building is all brick, only one side is moldy but all sides have a few black streaks below vents and other objects that hang on the building. I know markets are all different but maybe a ballpark figure or how you guys would bid it out. You can PM me or email at jesseandkim@chibardun.net

thank you again