Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Where do you guys/gals vacation?

Question

I am looking for suggestions for a week's vacation (outside of the US mainland). I don't want to do a cruise, something more intimate. Where have you been that has been extraordinary? Did you use a travel agent or certain web service like Travelocity? What are some tips or things you would look for in a resort? We are leaning towards Hawaii but are open to suggestions!

--Ken

7 answers to this question

There are some excellent resorts out there. Mexico has many down in the Yucatan area, Mayan Riviera. Never been to Hawaii, but have seen beautiful photos. We do have a PWer from Hawaii on the BBS, maybe he will chime in.

I have wondered about French Polynesia too. Never been tho.... did see there is a resort you can stay at, in a cove, where the dolphins are right there and you can go out of your little cabana and swim among them.

Beth

IMO, if you are going to go to Hawaii go to Maui and skip The main isle (w/ Honolulu) unless you are a surfer. I believe this is peak surf season at Waikiki, but may be wrong.

I've been to Maui a couple times, specifically Kaanapali beach. Beautiful, smaller crowds, and more intimate. Nice golf courses if you have the desire/money. Truly, Maui makes Honolulu look like Florida.

ht_angsana.gif Inner Maldives

H. Faalandhoshuge Aage

Male' 20-05, Maldives

Tel: (960) 326-309 Fax: (960) 330-88ht_coco_beach.gif Inner Maldives

H. Faalandhoshuge Aage

Male' 20-05, Maldives

Tel: (960) 326-309 Fax: (960) 330-884

Thanks guys, I am going to check out your sugestions now. So far this seems to be on par with what we are looking for if we don't go to Hawaii (Jon everyone has said exactly what you said, Maui is the place to go).. anyone have any feedback?

http://www.turksandcaicosclub.com/PhotoGallery.html

We were in Kaui earlier part of this year and loved it. I think the pics are on the TGS if I am not mistaken. Great snorkeling...really low keyed all the way around.

We are in Maui in May for 9 days.