Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseProWash

Prayer Needed

Question

Most of you know me I havnt been on here in a while but I have been around. I am asking all my friends to pray for my daughter. Tue Night December 6 th my oldest daughter Shelby being 13 yrs old had a massive stroke and just got out of intensive care tonight December the 9th. They moved here to a room but she has a long road ahead of her. She lost all speech and all control or movement on her right side. She cannot move her right hand or her right leg. Please tell church's we need all the prayer we can get. The doctors have told us that the blood clot is very large and there is nothing they can do about it.

43 answers to this question

Shelby has improved - there are updates posted on the Cleaner Network. I'm sure that Morgan hasn't the time to visit and update each bbs. She is regaining motion in her right arm and leg, a large improvement since Thursday. Morgan says her speech will be the last to return as it was hit the hardest.

Please continue the prayers!

Celeste

You don't know me, but I feel like I know you, you've done plenty for me here and on other bbs's and I thank you for that.

I can't say how saddened I was to hear of Shelby's troubles this week. My family is praying with you and yours. Please keep us all posted, and hang tough. God really doesn't give us more than we can bear, your family will make it as He intends, so be glad and of strong faith. Your Lord and your friends and your family are with you. Happy are those afflicted by the world, their reward is the kingdom of heaven.

BTW, I have noticed we share an affinity for Cornbinders, nice one!:)

Update, Today Shelby said Three words and walked with help from her bed across a room to a wheel chair. Wow the power of Prayer. The doctors are amazed and cannot believe that she is getting better so fast. Thank God and all of you that are praying for her. She has a test tomorrow to see if she can swallow and hopefully she will get her feeding tube out and can start eating real food. My youngest is having a real hard time at home without mom she has been crying for two hours tonight wanting her momma she doesnt understand what is going on and is scared. She is 6 yrs old and all the other stuff that happened to Shelby was before she was born so this is all new. My middle daugher is a real trooper but she grew up with Shelby in and out of the hospital she understands as much as she can.

Morgan

Update Shelby walked about 100 yards today with only help to keep her balance. She also got her feeding tube out today and ate her first food since last Tuesday. We had to slow her down she was eating so fast. She had her swallow test done today and she is ok to eat solids and thick liquids and carbanated drinks. No water or thin liquids like tea or anything like that because she did asperate the thin stuff in the test. She actually smiled at me four times today. That made me feel so good to have her smile at me. She said about 8 words today. Everyday I see improvement and its all thanks to God and everyone praying. Last week when the doctors told us they had done all they could do for her and it was in Gods hands (there words) I almost lost it. We thought we were going to lose her. But the prayers are going up and the blessings are coming down. This shows the power of Prayer and has even strengthen my already strong Faith in God.

Morgan

Morgan,

I hope nothing but the best for your kids. I've read all the post here and Your girl is some fighter. Her will is amazing. She is healing herself...simply amazing..

Update, Shelby went to therapy this morning and they said she was doing great. They said it would be a long road to recovery but that she could do that on an outpatient basis and (get this) she could go HOME. Yep Shelby is at HOME tonight sleeping on our couch which is very close to our bedroom but still at HOME. We got HOME around 8:00 pm tonight and she made us stop by Sonic on the way home so she could get French Fries with Cheese and a Strawberry Milkshake. Thank you everyone for praying for her and continue to remember her in your prayers. This is the end of this chapter in her book but not the end of her Story. Praise GOD:lgangel:

Morgan

Morgan,

my name is Stephani (wife of Brian..xstream clean), was going back through the forum and & wondering how Shelby's rehab was going, it has been almost 3 full moths now and from seeing what stong girl she was early on, I am betting there are very few deficits now. Hope everyone is well. Praying for you. (God has a plan for that kid!)

P Pro wash,

It is written..."with God ,all things are possible"This is as real as it gets.Expect miracles!No mater what happens,remember that "all things work together for good to those who love God,and are called according to His purposes"."...for who has known the mind of God?.."My brother,I won't pretend to know what will pass with your beloved daughter,but I do know that our God will never leave you,or forsake you.We have an adversary that walks about as a roaring lion,seeking whom he may devour.Don't let your emotions,or the world feed you their fear.Walk in the peace that passes ALL understanding.Put on the whole armor of God,and remember..."the effectual ferverent prayer of a rightous man availeth much(makes strong much).It is not us,but the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that we are made whole in.We will pray without ceasing.Keep us posted.

It saddens me to bump this thread. It is with the deepest of sympathies we wish your family comfort in Christ at the passing of your daughter Shelby. It is never easy to lose a loved one, but I can only imagine how terrible it would be to lose a child. May God bless you all.

Beth