Sign in to follow this  
sflasealcoating

chlorine ratios and soap??

Question

Hello,

Ive asked a few questions on cleaning with bleach before, so 4 giv me if this is redundant. I dont use chlorine often becuase i deal with pavers, so i use muratic acid blends and detergents. I have a large driveway and back patio to clean however and its 24x24 slabs of precast shell rock COVERED in black mold and mildew, about 9,000 sq ft. Ive tried using chlorine before on mold and i thick running it through my chem injector is diluting it to much cus it didnt really do to much..... could someone tell me what chlorine to get?? im using just reg pool chlorine ?? and what would be better to work 50%chlorine 50 water?? also i saw some people use reg soap in the blend?? what kind??

thank you

6 answers to this question

This is what I found just now on Google:

Briefly, what do I need to know about sodium hydroxide solutions in an emergency situation?

Sodium hydroxide in a solution is a white, odourless, non-volatile solution. It will not burn but it is highly reactive. It can react violently with water and numerous commonly encountered materials, generating enough heat to ignite nearby combustible materials. Contact with many organic and inorganic chemicals may cause fire or explosion. Reaction with metals releases flammable hydrogen gas. Sodium hydroxide in solution is EXTREMELY CORROSIVE. It can cause blindness, permanent scarring and death. Aerosols can cause lung injury and these effects may be delayed.

Yes it is a caustic chemical. It is very important to wear PPE when handling it. Aqueous means made into a solution with water (aqua). Sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite are cousins and will mix together. Whenever I mix caustics I do it on the spot and only in the quantity I need as reactions continue and will generate heat and often change chemically over time.

Mix some stripper into water and fel the side of the bucket.