Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

krud kutter

Has anyone used Krud Kutter. How is it on brick with black stains or any other surface. Any info would be great as i havnt found a good chem to use for general cleaning. thanks in advance

The few times I have tried it, it was not worth it. They also make a grafitti version , it was so-so.

BTW where is Wheeler, I have a friend that lives in Baldwin are you close to there.

Doug

Krud Kutter is a butyl based cleaner. It's not really made to get brick clean. It is very good on gutters or spot cleaning grease stains. I have found sodium metasilicate to be the best all around cleaner. If what you are cleaning doesn't come clean with a standard sodium hypo housewash mix you may have to move to an acid. Check out Prosoco, Eacochem and Aldon's websites for some good info on brick cleaning.

We have used it on occasion when doing post construction cleanup. It is ok for a degreaser.

We have turned toward a product that sunbrite sells called power house. We buy it in a 55/gal kit. Its a heavy duty degreaser that fills our need for a cleaner/degreaser/stripper/emulsifier and tool soak.

Rod~

I have not tried sunbrite product yet but ordered a 30 gal kit of conrete cleaner, basically KOH which is similar to NaOH. Shipping was a bit steep actually more than product cost...ouch.

My normal degreasers are a ethylene glycol base

Correct.

Ethylene glycol itself is an ingredient in antifreeze.

Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate aka butoxyethanol acetate is found in most degreasers.

I think the latter is what was being referred to.

Rod~

Anti freeze is based from a family "ethylene glycol", the exact chemical make up I could look up so I will try to keep it simple.

Depending on what other elemetal chemical groups are attached to the base is what make chemistry so cool.

This particular cleaning solution contains EtOH + monobutyl ether compounds.

I was mistaken to say it was the base. I pulled the MSDS sheet to confirm.

The EtOH+monobutyl ether aids in rinsing.

As with most other cleaning compounds, Sodium phosphates, triphosphates, hydroxides and other salts act as the surfactants.