Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Insurance; Which types do you carry & why?

Which Insurance do you carry?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which Insurance do you carry?

• General Liability -Business/Home-
    • Comprehensive -Please elaborate in thread-
    • Bonding -Required or not-
    • Auto/Truck/Van/Trailer -Please elaborate in thread-
    • Equipment
    • Theft/Flood/Fire -Please elaborate in thread-
    • Workmans Compensation -Required or not-
    • Health-personal policy or group for employees
    • Vision-personal policy or group
    • Dental-personal policy or group
    • Life
    • Other - Please elaborate in thread-

I have 1,000,000 GL which also covers scheduled list of equipment in my enclosed trailer, does not cover open trailer

Workers Comp, covers employees not me. many projects require it and it protects me & my employees

Commercial/Personal Auto, which covers my enclosed trailer. the comm/personal was cheaper than just comm or personal

Health, dental & vision is through my wifes work, at a low rate. If it was not for the health insurance Id probably have my wife be a stay home mom, someday that is what we would like.

Have some Whole Life & Term Life policies to help my wife if anything ever should happen to me, I have a young son, one on the way & my wife is 18 years younger than me, so I pretty sure I'll go 1st, it makes me feel better knowing they will be protected somewhat. I also have some on my wife.

On my new house, I'll be looking into mortgage life coverage

Ive looked into disabilty and really havent found anything worth while

Starting college plan soon for my children and also signed up for Upromise, Upromise pays everytime I or anyone in my family pays at supermarkets & some gas stations, also my life insurance added to it also, its a little extra money towards college fund & its free

there are some coverages that I have to have for biz and some I feel better having, than not for personal. It all cost to much

JL

Im insurance poor.Insurance is what the world runs on .Without insurance your looking for trouble.I use to be an insurnce agent so i myself know what is needed.With out ins ya can get into a lot of termoil and lose all you have .If a regular policy isnt enough get a balloon policy.The balloon will pick up where your ins wont cover.im talking liability .

According to the results of the votes, it seems that all the insurance type others carry mostly is the same as what we need.

Gen liability, vehicles, equipment, health, theft/fire/flood, workmans comp, health, dental.

I agree with steve r that being without insurance can be a tremendous liability waiting to happen and could cause a business to fold if some thing unfortunate happens.

In addition to what kinds of insurance, would anyone have any recommendations of who is a good insurance carrier and why?

Rod!~

I also carry an umbrella policy for $1,000,000. Our attorney recommended it to us, considering our situation. This is long with Health, Auto, general liability, workmens comp, life and all of the other stuff. I think that our MONTHLY insurance bill is about $2500 a month for our business.

Scott

I have 1,000,000 GL which also covers scheduled list of equipment in my enclosed trailer, does not cover open trailer

Workers Comp, covers employees not me. many projects require it and it protects me & my employees

Commercial/Personal Auto, which covers my enclosed trailer. the comm/personal was cheaper than just comm or personal

Health, dental & vision is through my wifes work, at a low rate. If it was not for the health insurance Id probably have my wife be a stay home mom, someday that is what we would like.

Have some Whole Life & Term Life policies to help my wife if anything ever should happen to me, I have a young son, one on the way & my wife is 18 years younger than me, so I pretty sure I'll go 1st, it makes me feel better knowing they will be protected somewhat. I also have some on my wife.

On my new house, I'll be looking into mortgage life coverage

Ive looked into disabilty and really havent found anything worth while

Starting college plan soon for my children and also signed up for Upromise, Upromise pays everytime I or anyone in my family pays at supermarkets & some gas stations, also my life insurance added to it also, its a little extra money towards college fund & its free

there are some coverages that I have to have for biz and some I feel better having, than not for personal. It all cost to much

JL

Jeff, Did you go to school with "Needle Nose Ned"?