Sign in to follow this  
Jon

water broom

Question

I believe someone makes a water broom, anyone know who and how I can contact that person.

Not the people that sell them, the person who invented and manufactures them.

This might be a legal issue with someone in CA who claims to have just invented one and is giving them to Fire Dept. and other public utiltiy companies as well as cities.

Also the Pitch Witch, is Glenn the inventor of that or just the distributor?

Thanks,

Jon

5 answers to this question

Jon,

I know Ex-Cell DeVilbiss Air Power Co. (subsidiary of Pentair, Inc.) sell the "Water Broom". The company is located in Jackson, Tennessee (800) 888-2468. Not sure if they own the patent(s), distribution rights or manufacture any of the parts.

There are several versions out there I'm sure.

Here is the product I am talking about.

www.watermiser.com

Anyone that feels he is stealing a patented copy righted item please pass this web site to those people

The owner of this company is John Schommer.

A quote from his web site:

In order to qualify for the rebate program you MUST BE A SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUSINESS that is currently using a garden hose, hose and nozzle, power washer, or any other water using device for outdoor cleaning.

Think he is our friend in this business, thing again.

I like how they market this as a water saving device. I appears it simply hooks up to a water hose. If that's the case, it is a water-wasting device! I can "sweep" off my carport with my rig in about 2 minutes....11 gallons. If I use the garden hose, it takes about 15 minutes....That would be what, 50 gallons or more?

I've seen several types of "water brooms", so I doubt anyone owns the general design.

Mike I agree with you but he has snowed the Fire Departments and every city and county in my area with his EPA sales pitch.

They are falling left and right over his claims and by giving them FREE his product to use he gains untold free publicity that works better then the best sales talk any of us can do.

Notice his demo is on blacktop and not concrete!