Sign in to follow this  
rousec

Question

How is it that one acquires the moniker "newbie"? Do you base this off of the amount of time a person has been a contractor or do you base it off of how long someone has been a member of TGS? The reason for asking is some of the replies that I see from some of the "Bronze" and/or "Platinum" members seem to be on the short side for "newbies". Just curious.

5 answers to this question

So what's your point! Like that you mean? Just joking with ya.:lgwave:

I guess you would get it if you were just starting out period. Do not let anything like that bother you on this board. People who reply like that are just sitting on something pointy or haven't been to the proctologist lately to find their head. Never feel afraid to ask a question. There are no stupid questions, or crazy question, well maybe crazy, but never stupid. We have probably heard them all, well maybe not. LOL You have found a place with proffesionals who will answer, but some with not what you want, but more of what you want. The bad replies just get taken out back after school, or Beth and Rod will just come around and smack us around and stick us in the corner for time out.

Now ask away, and get that note pad ready or your censor button (Just kidding again)

Carey,

"Newbie" is the term most use to decribe those just breaking into the industry with little or no experience. Most don't use it in a derogatory sense.

I think the shortness you are talking about pops up when "newbies" haven't bothered to do any research for themselves. Most BBS have a search function that is under utilized. I don't think any of us have problem answering questions,but we would like to know they have tried to help themselves,as well as,have them be accepting of the advice we offer. There are occassion where questions have been asked and the poster got rather upset with the response.