Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Is It safe to say.......

Question

It it safe to say in an ad I am writing to state that....

Pressure washing also improves the value of your home.

I feel that PWing a resi does improve the value due to curb appeal.

Also....

Pressure washing your home can potetially reduce health risk' caused by mold and algae builup.

Are these safe and true statements for a brouchure or ad.

8 answers to this question

On walking surfaces I would definitely agree that removal of algae/etc. improves safety conditions. The house I used to live in had a very slippery driveway when the algae or whatever it was got wet in the rain.

I would pitch it that way. Because mold is most often associated with respiratory problems, someone may think that's the angle you are pitching, and they won't buy it. They will never consider that you are meaning physical dangers such as falling.

As for adding value, of course that's a fair claim.

improves safety conditions...... I like that alot.

I have told customers before that when they walk on a moldy drive that they potentielly bring some of the mold into their homes. That's why I was touching on the health issues. No body likes the stuff "inside" the home.

Thanks Ryan, great advice as usual.

and Happy New Year as well.

Of course it does, anything that makes the home look better makes it worth more money to potential buyers. Also, like Ryan said, you also have the safety angle to work. Dont forget you can also take a preservation angle with wood and roof cleaning. All of these things factor into home value.

Preservation...... excellent verbage. Just what I am looking for.

Careful useage of the words positioned in the right vehicle.....

Hey, it's Winter and kind of slow, so I am trying to get a head start on the upcoming season.

I need to use the right approach to make the customer know that they REALLY need this service.

Thanks for input Mr. Mike

I know many that would argue with the "improves the value" line, but it would be hard to dispute that it "helps to maintain the value", or "saves money for unneeded services" ie painting, new fence, concrete replacement.

I have done some residential jobs where the neighbors come to ask what I am doing, and when told, they are shocked that all it needs is a good cleaning, and not replacement. Some had spent all their shiny pennies on new stuff, just to find that it could have been cleaned.

I have even considered saying things like "why paint when you may only need to clean it". Kind of leary of stepping on any painting contractors toes.

Actually a good chunk of my work comes from painters referrals. But, I do like the line, "saves money on unneeded services". That really covers a wide spectrum. Thanks. If you guys keep replying like this , you will have written the ad for me,lol.

Thx again

How about...

Regular maintenance helps to retain a better resale value.

Regular maintenance helps to catch deficiencies needing repair.

The costs are going to rise and fall with the market and depending on your areas economic condition will determine the final appraisal value. Some are lucky that way while others are not.

Overall, keeping the home clean will help to maintain its appearance and bring attention to areas that need repair sooner rather than later.

Rod!~

wow... thanks Rod, that helps alot. I am grateful for all the input on this one.

These are great angles of approach. I have alot of ammo to go on to finish this ad. I am trying to make it a blanket type wording that will work in a brochoure or flier or poster. These are great ideas. Thx.