Sign in to follow this  
PLD

Super gloeocapsa magma

Question

Speaking of super-gloeo. We debated here earlier about if all gloeo can be elminated w/o agitation or if there really was a super-G that resisted chems. I (and a couple of other SE'ers) were in the super-G camp. Well, I have more information. I did a roof this week that was badly infested. From the ground it was all the same, but looking at it up close it was more chocolate brown than the typical blackish. When I sprayed it with 8% and waited 5 min it disappeared all on it's own w/o out agitation. It did leave a whitish haze that may or may not have disappeared w/o rinsing. But IMHO, it needed (and got) a good rinse. BUT... the now gone brown gloeo revealed several smaller dark black patches in the typical "running down the roof" pattern. They were not missed spots, but spots that were co-existing in/under the brown gloeo. These required no more chems, but had to be agitated to remove it.

So IMHO, there are two distinct types of G that exist and one will disappear with 8% and the other requires agitation with 12%. In my area 95%+ are the latter.

2 answers to this question

Super gloeocapsa magma
[dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd](sound of finger twidling over mouth contemplating the pronunciation of this word) :lgbonk:

Maybe I am not awake enough yet...but

Its amazing the things one can learn by searching on something like this.:)

Of the results I found, chems were mentioned but agitation was not. Good point.

Rod!~