Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Rain rain go AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question

RAIN! I am sick of allt his RAIN! You plan your day and it RAINS! You think it will rain and iti decides not to RAIN! It refuses to do it on a schedule. It won't stay dry long enough. I'm growing webbing between my toes from all this RAIN! :arg: :rant: :soapbox: :bullistic

7 answers to this question

Just get a monster fan and blow it way across the good old USA right to So. CA. we can use it to cool down our 100+ temp.

You can always move to the Coast, more humid but less rain, right?

If I could, believe me I would. We have even toyed with the idea of tarping off decks to try to keep water off....kind of like uptting up a tent over them. Problem is, they come in too many shapes and sizes and are not all ground level. :(

6 days/nights of alternating rain and sunshine. Today was not bad, but for 2-3 days before humidity was between 95%-100% temps at 92F. Cut my way thru with a butter knife.

A really dumb question since you can ask the same of me but how do people ever manage when it is so humid your a walking towel?

I could never live where it is that humid, I would break out itching all over and scratching to the point I would have to have socks on my hands.

Your asking how I like the heat, I don't, born and raised and till 1980 lived very close to the beach. Had I known how hot it was here I ask myself if I would have turned down the promotion I was offered to relocate here.

And the wife still wants to move to Hawaii, sure anytime she wants to move she can, she has family to live with there but not me, not on an Island. Well not that one :)

My t-shirt and shirt both were soaked thru within 15 minutes of going ouside. As far as I'm concerned, once I start physical work, I forget about the conditions until I stop (tunnel vision has its advantages). Selling is more of a pain because you're going in and out of hot and cold. I always carry several changes of shirts.

I think most people cope because you tend to forget from season to season (if you have them) until the season comes back around.

According to my better half, Hawaii has the ideal weather all year around. She lived there several years along with Trinidad, and Key West.

Key West is nice even when it's hot because you have the breeze coming off the ocean. It's a 3-1/2 by 5 mile piece of land with the highest elevation 9 feet above sea level so the wind will find you. There is however a 6 week period centered around August where the breeze stops. The nights and days are pretty much unbearable during that time.

If you have he capability, you move around from season to season. The "snowbirds" go to Florida during the winter and return north during the summer. When I was in Key West, I always tried to get a contract up north during the August time frame. Worked mostly indoors but spent a lot time in machine and assembly shop that were not air-conditioned.

People die from the high humidity and heat in this area every year - mostly the elderly and poor that have no air-conditioning in their homes.

No perfect place that I know of where weather, economy and all else comes together.

Forgot to mention todays weather for the crazy area I live in: Clear, sunny, breezy with temperatures in the 60's may reach low 70's today. Calling for more showers for overnight.

Yes, I said 60's. 2 years ago we had 2 weeks of 60's weather in July. We also had 80 degree temperature during Thanksgiving.

The birds don't migrate from this area as they get very confused.

I have to drain water from the pool from all the rain and add Pool Shock 3 times a week for the sun and rain.