Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Check this out

Question

15 answers to this question

Yeah this was posted a while back..what a joke...This is something every homeowner would try if it was on the shelves.I bet it's a breeze to strip off..

Shane,

I read somewhere that after a heavy rain this stufff is pretty much gone anyway.

I'm not suprised one bit the rain would wash this stuff off!

I don't think people who create this type of product really think that it can be good for the wood can they?

I think this is just a big $$ making racket to take advantage of the consumer.Like most consumers when they see a product that in "THEORY" will be cheap,easy to apply and so say fool proof they will waste their $$ on it.

So this product the equivelant of spraying water with egg coloring dye in it..:lglolly:

I have raun into homeowners that have "tried" using this stuff and was a complete nightmare. Anything that is water-based isn't going to last on exterior wood.

I think this was the same company that started the hair volumizing/replacment in a spray can!!!

Anyone ever seen that commercial???

Someone with a bald spot takes a can of black spray to the top of his head and volia.... no more baldness.

It also washes out in a heavy down pour!!!!

Anything that is water-based isn't going to last on exterior wood.

Not a true statement. There are many water based stains available that won't wash off in the rain.

Preparation is the key, and that is the main area where the 5 minute deal falls short.

I have raun into homeowners that have "tried" using this stuff and was a complete nightmare. Anything that is water-based isn't going to last on exterior wood.
I need to get down to my brothers and take a pic of his deck. About 2 years ago, (my dad was working for me at the time sealing decks) I let my dad use my airless to seal my brothers deck. My brother bought the Wolmens F&P oil based stain for his deck. I had raincoat cedar water based in the lines of my airless, so as a result, there is one section of the rails where he sprayed the raincoat. The F&P is worn and faded and the raincoat still looks good. I used the raincoat on own deck and let me tell you, there isn't much that will repell water like this stuff. The water will not lay down at all for at least a year. You can go out after a rain and sweep the beads of water off the deck and it will be compleatly dry after words.

I believe the appropriate saying here is --"If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

OR

If you want good soup, use good ingrediants

If you want crummy soup...

Matt Schnurbusch

ABLE HANDS

Garner, NC

(919) 696-5073

Although I cant approve of the use where this product is concerned, I am just waiting for the call that has someone on the other end telling me about the problems they are having and can I fix it...Yes I can $$$$!!!!

Any more diy'er products out there? Bring em on. The call comes in sooner or later. In the meantime...

Rod!~

Not a true statement. There are many water based stains available that won't wash off in the rain.

Preparation is the key, and that is the main area where the 5 minute deal falls short.

I should re-phrase that comment I made for you. Water-Based isn't going to last as long as oil based. Also, totally different climates.

I should re-phrase that comment I made for you. Water-Based isn't going to last as long as oil based. Also, totally different climates.

Sorry...I still don't buy that....if you're talking about fences. Whether the stain is water based or oil based, it's just the delivery mechanism that gets the stain on the fence.

Although I prefer oil based, and that's mainly because of maintenance issues, a properly prepared fence, along with a properly applied stain, be it oil or water based, can give satisfactory results.

Now if we are speaking of horizontal surfaces, such as a deck, my experience has been that oil based stains seem to perform better.

Just my .02