Sign in to follow this  
JFife

Any Gamers???

Question

I have my brother in town for an extended vacation, and we'd like to get back into gaming, as I am working on my home theatre sound system, I'd like to get some good games to put it to work.

I, however, have not gamed since Nintendo 64 when I dominated those around me at .007. So we'd like to get back into some good shooting/killing games like 007. I know things are MUCH better now, but I am out of the loop.

So, what I'd like, are suggestions on Systems (ie playstation, xbox) and then a few games that you like, preferably "mission/military" style games, etc.

34 answers to this question

Yeah, but with monitor, printer, etc. is was $750 (17" panel). Then I got suckered into doing all the additional stuff, some was good, they applied all the spyware, aintvirus, and did all the window updates, erased all the "crap" from the comp. which they said would speed it up 20%, and a bunch of other stuff......out the door with some cables and tax it was right at $1000.

That's still a good deal and that Windows Media operating system is pretty cool.

You did good on that purchase and shouldn't have to upgrade for while.

Why did they erase some programs was it not new out of the box?

I think Mike is right.:)

They said it would speed up hte comp. 20%......I dunno. It was part of the whole package deal with adding spyware, etc. I upsell people all the time.....computers are one of those things where I have to put my trust in someone else, like on the work we do. I just try and be comfortable with it, and be happy with what I'd bought. Mine could have Windows 95 on it and I'd never know the difference,

When you buy a machine from a "big box" dealer, they usually come with useless crap. 15 different ISP companies with their proprietary software (AOL, MSN, Netscape, etc.). Then you have various "limited use" programs like Quicken or Money or similar programs. usually not full blown but just enough to entice you. The the comp manf. themsevles usually have installed help files, programs, and utilities. The trouble is that all of these programs get embedded in your registry and will usually load portions of the program at startup. I don't buy that you get a 20% boost in performance, but you will definitely have less crap on the machine. That's why I stopped buying pre-built and made my own. I start with a blank hard drive and put only the stuff I want on it.

Jon you can get a hi def cables "RGB" for PS2 and play the games at the best resolution you can...Look in the back of your t.v and see if you have red,blue,green inputs and you're good to go.

Well worth the money, a world of difference with the hi def cable, and 6.1 surround to boot

Sweet I'm a Socom freak too. I'm Dirty Harry. Socom 3 ROCKS!! Jon, you gotta get it. (Listen to me, I sound like a 10 year old, I'm so ashamed!)

let me know what night u are playing and I will join and send u a friends invite