Sign in to follow this  
eads

Homebrew

Question

51 answers to this question

Phil,

A couple more quick questions if you don't mind.

Have you used e plus and if so, how do the citrus cleaner and e plus compare.

Do you downstream the citrus cleaner

I'll let you know how I like the citrus cleaner. Just got it yesterday (had to go pick it up an hour south of here where it was erroneously shipped!)

Hey Mike, maybe I missed it but did you ever say how you liked it? Is it comparable to citra cleen? How much do you put in your downstreaming mix, just wandering if its as concentrated as citra cleen.

Hey Mike, maybe I missed it but did you ever say how you liked it? Is it comparable to citra cleen? How much do you put in your downstreaming mix, just wandering if its as concentrated as citra cleen.

OOps, sorry! Can't tell the difference!

How much do you put in your downstreaming mix,

I have been wondering the same thing. How much of each ingredient do you mix to a five when downstreaming.

If I were downstreaming from a 5 gallon bucket, I'd use 4.5 gallons of 10.5% and 1/2 gallon of citracleen/citrus cleaner

Mike, if you can't tell a difference I doubt there is much of one, and at $40 cheaper it will be hard to pass up.

How much do you put in your downstreaming mix,

I have been wondering the same thing. How much of each ingredient do you mix to a five when downstreaming.

Mikes reply sounds right, I use 4gal of 12% and 1gal of citracleen.

Can someone figure this out for me? Above is my mix ratio for downstreaming. I used to xjet at 2:1, I would use 1 1/2 gal of 12% and 1/2 gal of citracleen and the rest water in a 5er. Now here is the question, for xjetting I would also add 2oz of wet wax, 2oz of hanger, and 4oz of rinse aid. So how many oz. of these additives do I add now for downstreaming?

It seems as though I read more and more of people going from x-jetting to downstreaming. Why would that be so? Is it just to keep from toting the chems? Would you not have a lot of wand and hose issues with all of the 12%?

Scott

Not sure what you mean. There's no difference, except I'm no longer using a bucket and chem hose at the wand end of the pressure hose...everything stays on the trailer. All I do to switch between chem or rinse is change tips.

I ordered two relatively cheap downstreamers from espec, and the first one I have tried ROCKS! I haven't tested the draw rate, but it beats any downstreamer I've tried thus far!

Espec seems to be the king of downstreamers.

Scott, in adition to the benefits Mike stated, you get a proper dilution of chemical by default. Less risk of damage to grass and windows. Most people use way too much 12% when they X-Jet

Espec seems to be the king of downstreamers.

Scott, in adition to the benefits Mike stated, you get a proper dilution of chemical by default. Less risk of damage to grass and windows. Most people use way too much 12% when they X-Jet

Exactly! I think too often Xjet users are being told to use way to much chlorine. Sure, it melts the algae in seconds, but it can also burn plants easier, damage windows, I've even had it take paint off window screen frames.

The one thing that's easy to forget is to rinse the downstreamer after using it. I keep a short hose close by, just pull the feed hose off, put the rinse hose on and drop it into a container of water, and let the open hose run for a minute as I'm putting other things away.

Mike, good idea for rinsing the downstreamer, never thought of that.

I have a downstreamer from bob that works great along with his shooter tips. I had a home yesterday, the peak was 40 feet high and nasty, downstreamed the citrus cleaner and 12% and the house looked amazing. I never could have that done with the x jet.

I also have the same peak on a similar house next door to that one simple cherry and it came out just as great. An extra minute or two of dwell, but looked awesome.

It seems as though I read more and more of people going from x-jetting to downstreaming. Why would that be so? Is it just to keep from toting the chems? Would you not have a lot of wand and hose issues with all of the 12%?

Scott

You mean from 12% going through the hose and gun right? I've been downstreaming a long time and my hoses and guns last. As soon as you start rinsing, the hose and gun are being rinsed as well. I'm sure the metal components are affected somewhat but it is miniscule and a much better trade off then lugging buckets.

I spent a few extra bucks for stainless quick connects and swivels and have no problems. Well worth it. What you save in time and chems is far more then paying a bit here and there for fittings.

I ordered two relatively cheap downstreamers from espec, and the first one I have tried ROCKS! I haven't tested the draw rate, but it beats any downstreamer I've tried thus far!

Mike,

When you say "espec" do you mean Envirospec? Looking at their website I am only seeing Chemicals and no hardware. I did order a catalog though.

Thanks,

Keth

Mike,

When you say "espec" do you mean Envirospec? Looking at their website I am only seeing Chemicals and no hardware. I did order a catalog though.

Thanks,

Keth

Yep, sorry. Envirospec. http://www.envirospec.com/products.htm

Don't know why they pulled the prices from the catalog...Kinda sucks. They've gone a whole different route with their ordering...if you don't bug them with phone calls, you get to order off their monthly discount flier (via email or fax). The prices are significantly lower, but not everything is available at a discount price every month. They're really pushing the "don't call us, we don't want to be bothered" mindset in their advertising, but the prices are hard to beat on small parts. I'd never order something that may require service after the sale from them.

There IS a guy on this board who is a re-seller for them, and I've heard good things about him as far as service and helpfulness. Can't recall his name tho.