Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Need some help please :)

Question

Roger & I are branching into another little sideline. We've recently come into two wonderful Labrador Retrievers, one chocolate male, 16 months, and a yellow female, 11 months. Our male Cayden is currently at Hunting Bootcamp so the girl is still here. Problem is......she has no name!

She'll be heading for training pretty soon as well and it would be really nice to be able to tell the trainer her name! Can I get some input ? Don't want anything really cutesy, like Blondie or Princess....

Take a look at her and let's get some names going!

30 answers to this question

Well Lance - thank you for the name (your meaning sealed the deal) "Lexi" she is....and she likes it, which is important as well :)

Bill, our Chocolate is an escape artist as well but hopefully he'll improve with his training.

Celeste

That's great Celeste! I'm glad you like my choice, she's always been my favorite dancer at the club........just kidding.

The good news is, I'm offering a discount on my name consulting services right now through the end of Feb, so my fee will only be $150.00 :lgkeyboar

We had no idea that we were getting into labs either until it happened :) The male belonged to my daughter's friend...the female to another friend of ours.....it all kinda just happened but we have a tiny business plan in mind for these two :) If I'm not off on my dates, we should have puppies ready by next Christmas :)

Celeste

Silly lady,don't you know breeding dogs is an act of love of the breed,not for profit.

The last Wiem(Gracie) I had came from a champion blood line both hunting and show dogs sides.The guy showed me the cost of her vet care,food,shots,tail docking, etc. etc.After he deducted all of the cost from what I paid for her he made about $100.I got her for $500 because she was the runt of the litter but,her other litter mates brought prices between $750 and $1100.

The guy that owns Gracie now called the other day to say he was going to breed her and I could a puppy if I wanted one.I really do,they are great dogs.Dave O and Scott can both attest to what wonderful pets they are.

Actually, what we're doing is for the breed and the sport here - they're going to be trained to retrieve ducks and geese, which by nature, they LOVE to do :)

On the Weim end, my sister has one - she's a hoot, very, very smart and she runs the house!

Celeste

We have two peekapoo's named Sailor(girl) and Scooby Doo(boy), I thought the same that some one else posted. Just imagine yourself standing on the front porch yelling for the dog. Or in your case in a duck blind yelling at him. I know you don't yell in a duck blind you use hand signals.