Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ray

Tire marks???

Question

19 answers to this question

If inhalation is a concern, do not use the Potassium Hydroxide either. Simple Green may help you out. They have a fragrance free version called crystal.

What type of work is this? You can safely wash the area, but can not safely use chemicals. Please elaborate.

Well I need to be able to wash the area and I was hoping not to interupt the flow of trafic into and out of the store. I supose that I will just have to get there before thay open.

Thanks for all the help!

Work like this is usually done at night or prior to store opening. Washing, whether with chemicals or not, when a store is open, is taking a big risk. It will also take more time, when you have to keep stopping for traffic to pass thru.

If kids are skidding their bikes, then there is probably lots of gum too. They are notorious for that. Look close and you will probably see skateboard wax also.

Beth,

yes I do have a floor machine.

One Tough Pressure,

There is no skateboard wax yet the store just opened 4 month ago. And gum I can take care of with my turbo nozzle. Will just use HD-80 and start befor the store opens

thanks for the help!

You could apply the chem with a stiff bristled brush (like a push broom) agitate the area, and wash with a surface cleaner, this will help to eliminate any possible chems getting into the air from spraying. (dip brush into bucket of chem) Just an idea...

You could try EFC on it, but I don't know that it will work. It is gentler than HD. I don't know that bleach would do it either. You need something that will cut through the rubber skid marks. HD will.

One thing Rod did was pick up some orange traffic cones and cuation tape. He blocks off areas he is working in. But, people around here will often ignore it and walk where you are anyway. If you have a helper, have him verbally direct people away from the area if they try to come through it while you are working. We do that.

Beth

Robert Ray I can understand your concern about telling us the name of your account but we do need to know exactly what your talking about.

You mention bike marks, truth be told I cannot recall ever having that problem but car tire marks yes.

Some just will not come up even with hot water, is the concrete smooth or brushed, if brushed then they will be much harder to impossible to remove.

Also you say this is the apron, meaning from the street across the sidewalk, right? Never had a customer worry about that section, now if in front of their store I can understand wanting it cleaned.

Jon

Robert,

This job would be much easier if you were to use HD80 on the tire marks, and some type of citrus cleaner on the gum. Since you are using cold water, you may want to scrape the gum up as much as you can first.

As I said earlier, this is best suited for night or early morning, to reduce the traffic in the area. Customers and water/hoses on the ground do not mix. Save yourself the grief and try to schedule it that way. Stores like this get quite busy, and that is the last thing that you need.