Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

Sewer Jetter

This is the "get you started" post, I'll have some more info available soon, hopefully including pics.

A buddy of mine owns a drain company here, and his sewer jetter broke down today. This is what he told me so far: the machine was leaking at the pump head yestterday, so he torqued her back dow, and today while operating, the center cap (on the head?) blew off. He also said it was knocking pretty loud today soon after firing up.

I haven't seen this machine except to walk by it in his shop, so I can't describe it well, but I have some info from his employee:

General Jetter

3000 psi

Honda j-3000 (G-389)

Pump is a Interpump Group Model WS-151

The questions I'd like you to ponder are these: What other info should I gather? Can this pump be rebuilt or replaced? Is one any better than the other? In a pinch, can my 4-gpm Tuff 3000 psi machine drive his jetter hose effectivly, and if so how? What should I be most aware of as far as concerns for the equipment and the jetter attachment?

Thanks for thinking about this, I'll post more info as soon as I get back from having a look at it in person.

Tuesday I was on my motorcycle in 62 defree sun, today it is 19* F and snoiwing like crazy, so it may take a while to get there and back, and then resize the photos. Any help is always appreciated, this guy has been a great friend, and I owe him at least one, so help will be even more appreciated today.

Thanks.:)

The local Hotsy dealer took it in, said he thought the problem was with an internal pressure switch. I never did get a look at it.

I am curious though about hooking a jetter line to my machine. Has anybody here done any jetting?

You'll need a lot of 1/4" hose, a sewer nozzle, the pulse device for the valve (can be done without), maybe a foot valve so you can keep both hands on the hose. Shouldn't be terribly expensive...I'll research it later and let you know. If your Tuff is a hot water, you'll do even better on greasy clogs.

Russ, whenever you get the time, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. There's no real hurry, since the broken unit is up again.

My little machine is hot water equipped, and that was gonna be my next question. Way to anticipate! :)

The machine my buddy has looks like it has been through the wars, maybe there is some subcontractor money out there. You never know till you do the research, do you?

I am curious though about hooking a jetter line to my machine. Has anybody here done any jetting?

Water Cannon also sells a kit that hooks up at the end of your gun.You control the pulsation by squeezing and releasing the trigger.