Sign in to follow this  
James

Flood Restoration and Mud

Question

Has anyone done flood restoration and mud remediation work. The place I rent from had a major flood . A water main broke and flooded the lower level. They hired me to do the work. Not sure of pricing?The garage is about 2000 sqft water went 2 feet high and left 3 inches of mud. I'm figuring a 100 bucks an hour per person . Two of us. I also did allot of demolition work 3 rooms. Harder than pressure cleaning!!.

3 answers to this question

Has anyone done flood restoration and mud remediation work. The place I rent from had a major flood . A water main broke and flooded the lower level. They hired me to do the work. Not sure of pricing?The garage is about 2000 sqft water went 2 feet high and left 3 inches of mud. I'm figuring a 100 bucks an hour per person . Two of us. I also did allot of demolition work 3 rooms. Harder than pressure cleaning!!.

U can charge a whole lot more than that. I work for a flood restoration company, In our area because it was 'muddy" water u can get more per hour, that should not include what u demo. and charge for the drying equipment. There is a program called xactimate that is pretty much industry standard for insurance use. If u want for giggles, give me some more specs on what u did and are going to do, and I can have an example of what that would really cost worked up for ya. Would be slightly different I am sure for ur area but would give u ball park.