Sign in to follow this  
PowerWashofVa

Networking

Question

This morning I look at my new local phone book (which Verizon completely got my ad wrong) and decided to call a newly listed PW company. I was looking to introduce myself and see if we can work as peers.

He seemed nice enough until I asked if he was insured. I committed a sin. He told me he does not beleive in insurance too expensive. If he damages an home tuff. He doesn't have anything to go after anyway. Holding back, I asked him about equiptment, chems etc. & how long he has been in business.

Answers:

5+ years

cold water machine Sears

buys all chemicles at WalMart

He also advised he does decks, & piers.

He stated he did 70 homes last year & 20 or so decks.

I thanked him, told him about how I work. He was nice enough and said if I wanted to learn how to operate a business stop by some day.

OH I did ask him his hourly rate - price per SQ.

Answer:

I would charge $250 for a house that size.

Thank God his prices are in the ball park.

Just thought it was interesting.

5 answers to this question

Ken,

Right, I already called the saleperson a week ago & she admitted it was her fault. She gave me a 800 number to call, so they can investigate it and I should hear something in a few weeks.

They messed up two books, today is the first time I saw the other book They used my first & last name, home address? To late now the books are out.

Beth,

Thank You I feel the same way!

What part of the ad did they get wrong ? I had major problem's with yellow pages........ I still have minor problem's. A Reason I settled on woodcare is in part because of SBC WHO SCREWED ME BIG TIME. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR....... THe higher you go up (change of command) with a problem the more difficult to resolve. Forget lawyers( 10000 retainer) for my case.

They got the whole thing wrong!! No one knows my company by my first & last name. In one book the used the others book phone #, which is long distance!!

In the other book the only thing right is the tel #. I already told them forget the payment. I spoke to the manager, salesperson & complaint department.

So for 2006 I'll have more $ to direct market. I was real upset but what good would it go?

Good luck with your problem