Sign in to follow this  
big mike

Hail spotting on vinyl siding

Question

Hello all,

Did a search and couldn't find anything addressing this situation. I have a house wash booked for the spring that has hail spots over the entire home. It's vinyl siding thats a light brown or tan color and the hail spots are darker than the rest of the siding. The siding almost appears to have that chalky look of aluminum siding. My question: has anyone cleaned vinyl with hail spotting, and what worked or didn't work.

4 answers to this question

Hail is ice, right? How can it stain? Or is the stain in the dents caused by the hail? Probably just an accumulation of dirt in the dent pockets, kind of like black heads or zits on a teenager. Your regular soaping solution should work fine.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it's kinda strange that the hail would leave marks like that. I have noticed that hail will leave spots on concrete also. Maybe its from pollutants in the air (think acid rain). I'm just hoping my standard house wash mix will make it all blend without having to use elbow grease. I've seen lots of hail issues on decks and fences, but thats mainly from the force of the hail crushing wood fibers. I do like hail though, lots of insurance claim work!! I'm booked through May already just from some local storms last fall