Sign in to follow this  
ken wiggins

Which surface cleaner to buy

Alright, I'm ready to go except for one major piece of equipment, a surface cleaner. Any suggestions on which to buy, size and where to get it would be most helpful. Thanks.

What are the machine specs that it will be used with?

Ken, I like the one I have & showed you, The 30" Big Guy, Watercannon has the best price $719-$749 If you have room on the trailer. I've had mine 2 years and not one problem with it. Order it with tips for 8gpm & an extra set for 4GPM when your using both wands. Also do you have a roto nozzle there a great help.I'll show you one when you come Saturday

JL

I have a whisper wash from W-Cannon.I have had all kinds of problems with it in 2 years,it doesn't work as we speak,need to fix it again.

I will buy a different one this year.

Also how can 20 hp machine put out 8 gpm at 4500 psi,it should be more like 5 gpm @4500 psi?Just wondering

Ken it depends on what type of work you will be doing.

If most of your work is residential, and you inted on using your hover on the roof then by all means your first purchase should be a 19" hover. I am very faithful to Whisper Wash's Classic model. It has served me very well for the last three years and I plan to purchase a new one very soon.

If you are into commercial work then a larger hover would be adviseable. However I would have to advise againts a three wheeled model of any kind. I own a Hydrotek Hydrotwister, Contractor model, and I would never get rid of it. True, it requires a bit more tender love and care than others but it's four swivel-caster setup is the best I've seen. It will change direction on the spot where a three wheeled setup, with fixed tires, will take a lot more manuevering.

http://www.hydroteksystems.com/images/hydro-broom-close-500BQ.jpg

Good luck to you.

24/8 with 12v gets you 3500, 24/8 with 120 v gets you 3000. I am a fan of the Steel Eagle Surface Cleaners. They have a 24" and a 30" that are both rated for your machine. They also have the adjustable feature if that interests you. these units are built solid. I have also heard from many that the Bad Boy from Pressure Tek is a great piece of equipment.

Yea Ron, perhaps you're right, but I have jobs to do and as I said, I worked behind Jeff's a bit and liked it. Just no time to check out alot of others. I do appreciate the flck, Boy that was clean !