Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

I'm in New Jersey

Question

I'm in New Jersey visiting family and being a godfather for my neice.:)

My bro-in law has a deck I'd say was ~700 sqare feet of decking and totals something like 1700 square feet that needs cleaned and sealed. The old finish is totalled, but I'm not sure what it is. Deck is pressure treated pine, and in pretty good shape. House needs a wash: vinyl siding with green mold on the north, general soil on the rest, some brick. I didn't bring my USB cable, so no pics yet. There might be some later.

The place is a two-story about 15 years old, above-ground pool in back adjacent to deck. He could use some advice on regular cleaning and artillery fungus.

I obviously can't do the job (a little out of my service area), but anybody that services the Hillsborough, NJ area should PM me for the details. I'm guessing he would rather not do this himself, but he will if nobody responds, so PLEASE SPARE ME THE CALLS and help yourself to a spoonful of relatively easy work. Just don't tear his head off on price and you'll make friends easy.:)

I'm not looking for a freebie, I just figured those that frequent this board have done a lot for me, and I'd feel better if one of you did this job. You do the estimate and the selling your way, I'll say, "That sounds reasonable," and you'll get the job I'm betting.

I have my phone with me, so if you'd rather call and talk to me personally, that's always OK with me. Any contact method you choose is fine.

Thanks everybody!

10 answers to this question

Mark, the zip here is 08844. I'm here through the end of the week, fly out Saturday AM. Get in touch if you are interested, I'll pass you along.

Too bad, Ken, I'd love to set you up! I'll be calling you tomorrow if that's cool. I'm heading into the city for a little respect call, so I'll try to make it mid AM or mid PM. If you get impatient, call me. Whatever is convenient for you.:)

Anybody that is interested, I'm easy to get a hold of at the number below. Doesn't look like pictures are going to be up anytime soon, sorry.

I got to meet Rick yesterday when he came out to look at the brother-in-law's deck. Rick is a great guy and made a terrific impression on Eric (the bro-in-law) and I. Rick's a pro!

I just wanted to thank you publicly Rick, it was great to meet you and made me feel good to be able to help family members get a real professional "woodie" for their restoration needs. Thanks for taking the time.

It was cool to meet another refugee from bedbuggin' that has made it out!:)

Hey Scott,

Its was a lot of fun meeting both you and Eric the other evening. Stange how you and I share similar backgrounds!

I emailed Eric at work on the job details yesterday. Whatever route he takes with his exterior wood, I'll help him in any way I can. Please tell him to call me on my cell at any time.

Have a safe trip home. Maybe someday you and I can share a real steak in Omaha!

Rick, thanks again. Eric is all excited about the deck. You made me look pretty good to the family. Visit whenever, I'm a butcher's grandson, so the meat rarely gets better than what we have.:)

Ken, sorry we couldn't connect. You dodged a bullet though: My wife and I had lunch at a sefood place just before you and I talked, and we were sick just a few hours later. Barely made it back to Jersey in cleanliness. Definatly ungood! I still haven't slept.

Up all night howling dinosaur talk into the porcelin time-telephone, then off to a Buddy Holly-killer yard-dart of a jet for the flight back to Omaha.:lgtear:

But you know me...I can't complain.

I've been ill on the Irish-New-Year on multiple occasions, only this time I didn't even earn it.

It really was a great trip, and I may be out that way again soon. I've got to have a rematch with that seafood.:lgsideway

I hope to meet some more of the fine members here one day. I finally feel like sleeping, so I'd better act now!

The whole weekend ended up crazy on my end too. By last night everyone had a fever, cough or some symptoms of whatever Christine's niece has. I'm crossing my fingers, I can't get sick this time of year.

I can't believe you got poisoned. Where did you eat? Just so I know where to cross off on my 'Ken does the city' tour. When you come up nxt month we'll go Sopranos style in a place in South Philly. Great food and every now and then you see a face you recognize from the news. Hope you and the wife feel better soon. Gimme a call when you get a chance.

I've never been mistaken for a doctor, but here is some advice intended to help you live long and happily and well: Don't order the lobster rolls at The Philadelphia Fish Company on Chestnut, a couple of blocks west of Front street!

I'm not positive it was food poisoning, actually, but man did we get sick fast and furious! The wife had it harder than I, but our meals only differed in the soups we ordered. Coulda been some powerful bug, but I don't think the lobster roll is going to tempt me so much anywhere from now on.

I look forward to a good evening of good South Philly food with you sometime soon, Ken. I can always find time for a good Tomato gravy-based meal. Or a good meal based on just about anything, I'm short, but not small!:lgsideway

I'll be in touch sooner than later, feel free to call anytime. I love to talk, too!

Scott,

Ouch! What a rotten way to end your trip on the east coast. Had a full truck load to Beaufort, SC thirty yrs. ago. Got a hotel room and ate a scallop dinner at the best seafood restaurant in town. Three of us were admitted to the local hospital that night with food poisoning. Having your stomach pumped out is an experience you hope will never be repeated! Ate in a lot of truck stops and greasy spoons for three years all over the lower 48 and never got sick...go figure.

Next time go Italian. We have some of the best Italian restaurants in the country. I hope both you and your wife are feeling better.