Sign in to follow this  
PRESSURE PACKED

Need Help Asap

Question

I Am Doing A Barrier Wall For A Developement..my Question Is How Do You Estimate The Price. The Wall Is A Half Mile Long..i Will Be Doing Both Sides Any Input Is Greatly Appreciated......

Pressure Cleaning Plus

No Mold Too Old!

Paul Groditski

6 answers to this question

First, estimate the actual sqft. Half of a mile is 2500 + feet long, x the height. Is the height standard all the way down, or does it vary?

Then, figure your price per sqft for concrete walls up to 8 ft or so. Figure your price per sqft fro above 8 ft, ie ladder work, pole work, or lift work.

Both sides = 1 mile or Both sides = 1/2 mile.... when you say," you will be doing".... does that mean PWing? If so , how high is it? You already have the length. You can bid by sq. ft. ( length x height) or linear ft.( a price that covers 12 " length and the height as well) My guess would be to bid by linear ft. for a project that long.

As for the cost per L. Ft..... give this thread a few hours to boil and let Mr. Williams or James chime in they know their business really good and I believe are down in your neck of the woods. BUT you need to get some exact #'s on square or linear footage to come up with an accurate bid. Plus possibly be prepared to shave a few cents off of rate if you are competing with others for the job.

If you use a hydrant , you will need a meter from your county or you could face some serious fines from them if you are caught w/o one. If you are going to risk it ( not suggesting) then you will definately need the right equipment to tap and also filter the h20 or it could damage alot of supply hoses and your PW unit. Just a ball park guess ( not gospel ) on the bid. 8 ft high on a linear ft bid. around 050-.70 per ft. and cover the cost of chems as well. Are you filling your tank or just running 1/2 mile of supply hose. Not trying to sound silly but that's alot of supply hose, plus the pressure from hydrant will mangle a garden hose and you will have to have plenty of back up. I really hope you have a tank on trailer or you will lose $$ in supply hose.

The cost of the bid could cost you just as much in supply hose.