Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Water in pump oil.

It's a 4 gpm 4000 psi general pump that's leaking water from the housing, and now there's water in the pump. I guess they sell rebuild kits for these. It only 8 mos old.

It's a 4 gpm 4000 psi general pump that's leaking water from the housing, and now there's water in the pump. I guess they sell rebuild kits for these. It only 8 mos old.
The unit should be under warranty if bought new .

Actually, water in the oil signifies packing and / or plunger damage, neither of which is covered by the warranty. Packing damage can only be caused by bypassing for too long or running dry. Parts are readily available for Generals. Post the model number and I'll look them up for you.

Actually, water in the oil signifies packing and / or plunger damage, neither of which is covered by the warranty. Packing damage can only be caused by bypassing for too long or running dry. Parts are readily available for Generals. Post the model number and I'll look them up for you.

Yea I agree with that. Bypassing too long will do a number on the packings.

If you use a supply tank then plumb the bypass right to the tank, then you can let it bypass all day!!

Good Luck!!

Is It Ok To Continue Running The Pressure Washer If You Do Have Milky Oil Or Should U Have It Checked Out As Soon As Possible.

Keep running it and you'll get to see what the inside of the crankcase looks like without opening it up.lolicon10.gif

Only prob with the warranty is that when water gets into the oil, it is a sign to the mfr that you may have let the unit run in by pass too long or have no filter before the pump to keep debris out of it. Whether or not this is the case, you may want to know this going into a replacement issue with them.

They will try to blame you for it in most cases.

Rod!~

It's a annovi reverbi RKV 4G37. It's definetly not from running too long. But I do have the water intake split and valved so I can fill my xjet bucket. There are times when I fire up the washer and forget to turn on the water valve so it runs dry for 30s. That's probably the cause.

Russ if you could find me parts it would be appreciated.

Here's a list of kits for your pump:

Kit 1828 Valves - $32.84

Kit 1856 Oil Seals - $37.39

Kit 1857 Packing - $69.72

Kit 2546 Pistons - $106.36

You may only need the packing kit to cure your problem, but cracks are very difficult to detect in dark brown pistons. Make real sure to check them carefully. All the packing in the world can't seal against a cracked piston.

BTW my old pump, same brand, but 3700 psi, went up and the pressure was degrading, kind of vibrating like there was not a sufficient water supply. Could I use parts from that pump. I still have it.