Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

consumer fears

Question

It seems in my area I'm(besides Lou Beach) am the only person who researches pressure cleaning on the internet. Soooo many of my estimates are people with fears of contractors blowing off their siding or destroying their deck from past experience. I really believe that out of the 20 contractors in my area Lou and i are the only ones that use x-jets. It's funny because now with house washes I'm the low baller. Everyone else is employing 2 people using ladders taking 6-8 hrs to wash a house and charging $4-600.00. I'm charging $2-400 and taking 1-2 hrs and the house is coming cleaner than the ladder appraoch. This is the first time that I love uneducated people, or at least the ones that don't do proper research.

3 answers to this question

Lowballer alert!!!!

Thats cool, you see very few guys down here that know what their talking about. where just a little bit of research can make you knowledgable enough to sell a job even when you havn't actually done that particular type of job before. I ran into some landscapers that had a big add on the side of their truck for paver sealing. So i sidled over and asked how much thay typically charged, and what they did. I asked about chems to remove efllorescence, " dont worry, our pressure washer is powerfull enough to remove anything, we dont use any chemicals." and their price was less than half of mine per SF. I almost wish the county would reinstate the licensing for PWers here. get some of these hacks out of here.