Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Chiplock

Insurance

Question

Well with the industry we are all involved with, it can be difficult for an insurance company to give you good rates and coverage to cover all aspects. Considering the risks, such as houses, windows, decks and what not, we have a lot of liability on our hands. What insurance companies is everyone using and what are your annual rates. What kind of coverage are they giving you. From my understanding, it is the exhaust hood cleaning that really adds to your rates. Im just looking to see if I am getting fair rates.

My insurance agent is J.D. Walters Insurance Agency from Pittsburgh, PA and the Insurance Company is Peerless Insurance Co. out of Keene, NH. I have 1 million coverage and I primarily do Houses, Decks, Driveways and mostly residential. I do not have my equipment insured and my annual rates is slightly over $800. Does this seem like a fair price??

Thanks for all replies in advance.

8 answers to this question

Jonathan,

I'm using J.D. Walters as well, and the quote you received is on target with what I got for the same 1 million dollar policy. The cost to insure my equipment was a little over $100.00 more so I added that to the policy also.

Dewy

Insurance costs are also based upon the amount of business you are doing. As you total income goes up, so does you insurance bill. Every year, I estimate my total gross sales. At the end of the year I receive a sellf audit form. I then report what my actual sales were. Of course my sales are always more than I estimated. A couple of months later, I get the bill for my increase in revenue.

And if you think you can save some money by dealing in cash, remember that if you have a claim the insurance company will ask for a copy of the sales invoice. No invoice, no insurance coverage.

Douglas Hicks

General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Insurance cost,

Let sum this up, local is going to be better. Most important thing is that the broker be a commercial broker. This means the brokers business is mainly insuring businesses and that he is set up properly to do. I have been in business 24 plus years now and have had three different insurance agents. The last two where the same company and the only difference was one guy is set up to handle businesses and the other was only interested in auto, life, and home.

I have gotten quotes from many different agencies and the differences have been from 650.00 to 2200.00.

Hear are a couple variables that will make the insurance cost more.

1. how many years in business

2. locations of business

3. What types of pressure washing you do.

4. are you one the ground

5. gross dollars per year

6. The age of your drivers and there track records.

7. your personal track record with any insurance company’s(claims paid)