Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Light color

Question

I do hardly any decks anymore, only have done a couple dozen in 4 years, but i have a 460 sq ft flat on the ground deck to do and the HO wants a light colored stain, no railings and one small bench

It has some old stain still showing, I'll strip & put Ox on it. Whats an idiot proof stain that is light in color. I'll be brushing it on

How much will I need and what will it cost need to give them a price. deck wood is in pretty good shape

Thanks

Not the wood restoration King

Jeff

5 answers to this question

Jeff,

My favorite product is TWP, and the greatest advantage I'd see for you is that you could actually go to a paint store and get it, since you don't do a large quantity of this work. Find an "ICI Delux/Glidden" paint store, get TWP 101 Cedartone.....easy, good price, and your customers will be thrilled. The other choices given are fine; problem for you is that you'll have to do the whole mail-order thing, etc.

Jeff,

I'm sure there are those that will disagree, but Olympic Maximum Honey Gold is great stuff. It is very light in color, but, in my experience, lasts. It is the stain I use for customers that don't think they want a stain. Though it is not a "professional" stain, it works. Very easy to apply (Spray, brush, roll) no drip marks, no lap marks. Available at Lowes.