Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Deck Restoration - Latest

Question

Here is Roger's latest project :) We've nicknamed it the "Bling Bling" deck - sun hits on those big ole copper post caps and you're blinded! Stripped with HD80, neutralized with Citralic and finished with Wood Tux Wet (no tint)

Celeste

15 answers to this question

Beth,

We replaced it with the vinyl stuff - the old wood literally dissintegrated when it was pulled off. They're getting ready to have all of the house trim painted white - hopefully it will tie in perfectly at that point :)

Thanks Ken :)

Celeste

Yeah, we got floor shots just for you Shane :) This pic of the bench will give you a view of the floor as well. Strangest bench construction! I added another before shot as well - this deck had some neon green stuff growing!

Celeste

Good job Roger, gotta love all the nooks and crannies and impossible to get to places. Is the wood tux at full strength or diluted? I've been experimenting with a sample and I think I might rather use this stuff at a one to one dilution. Full strength is just to orange to me.

Did you have much furring? How old was that deck?

What did you use to sand with?

What do you guys like to use on older decks for stain?

sorry for all the questions.

Dan Mathis

Dagan Exteriors

Snane - those things were a PITA! Roger ended up removing all and saved time that way....much easier to get to the inside without them in the way. Benches looked rather nice without them as well but they went back up.

Jimmy, it's not orange when it cures out - be patient! You can also tint with a little black to get a browner finish. Roger can tell you the amounts.

Dan, There was very little furring - it took less than 30 minutes with the Makita & defelting pad. That deck is about 15 years old. We're using WTW on about everything at this time.

Celeste