Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

trailer home chem

I have found my house wash soap and am happy with it. I have just ordered oxalic for wood and concrete brightening. I currently use gutter zap for cleaning gutters as well as prodigy from espec. I have yet to decide on what two chems for concrete as well as trailer homes.

I plan on trying hot water of course on concrete with my house wash to see how that works, I also have a sample pack of power stroke to try and then brighten with the oxalic. What other chems do you all like for concrete.

MY last choice to make is trailer homes and aluminum siding houses. I realize that the trailer homes are like big gutters with the black streaks. So I am thinking that perhaps ripper from e spec may be the way to go, it is cost effetive and butyl base or all brite from sunbrite supply since this is also butyle base and should work nicely. Any thoughts here. The prodigy is also butyl and does a fair job on gutters with a little scrubbing, but I don;t want to scrub a whole house.

Please help. thanks.

I have found my house wash soap and am happy with it. I have just ordered oxalic for wood and concrete brightening. I currently use gutter zap for cleaning gutters as well as prodigy from espec. I have yet to decide on what two chems for concrete as well as trailer homes.

I plan on trying hot water of course on concrete with my house wash to see how that works, I also have a sample pack of power stroke to try and then brighten with the oxalic. What other chems do you all like for concrete.

MY last choice to make is trailer homes and aluminum siding houses. I realize that the trailer homes are like big gutters with the black streaks. So I am thinking that perhaps ripper from e spec may be the way to go, it is cost effetive and butyl base or all brite from sunbrite supply since this is also butyle base and should work nicely. Any thoughts here. The prodigy is also butyl and does a fair job on gutters with a little scrubbing, but I don;t want to scrub a whole house.

Please help. thanks.

Most trailers that have aluminum siding are older, and thus, the aluminum is older and likely pretty oxidized. I don't believe I'd want to use anything harsh, or do any scrubbing at all. You'd want to use a mild cleaner and lower pressure. I haven't done a lot of aluminum, but I know the bit I've done it has been very easy to take the paint completely off, or leave wand marks where the oxidized paint has come off.

Why target trailer homes? At least here, that's definitely not where the money's at. There are guys here who advertise mobile home cleaning starting at $30.00. I'm just not interested in competing for a few bucks.

Yeah...they START at $30.00...single wide. I used to wash trailers in Daytona in '78 - '84. Got $29.95 for a single and $10.00 for any extras ( double wide, carport, tool shed, etc.) Got fast enough to do a single in 20 min. Walked out of the better ones (see above) with $60 - $70 for an hours work. Plus the neighbors see you and want estimates. Doing trailers depends on the clientelle and location, too. Here in KY people own a trailer because that's all they can afford...no money left to pay a cleaner. FL retired and snowbirds got the cash to spend. Of course, there's the other kind, too.

We are equal opportunity cleaners so washing a mobile home is no big deal for us.However,it will not happen for $30.

A typical single wide $90+,double wides $125+,triple wides and modular homes are prices as if they were stick build.Then there is the upsell for carports,door mats,kids,dogs and whatever else they can come up with.On occassion we will clean the mold off one of the blocked up cars just for the fun of it.

Good Points on the trialer homes. In my area, as you said, there are the ones that own them because thats all they can afford. But there are also a few parks that are really clean and well kept. they have governing assocation laws that require them to clean wash their trailers 1 per year. Mostly retired people with all nice cars in the driveway. I am thinking about asking the manager of the park if I could put up a flyer at the mailboxes. Something to the effect of I will only be here one weekend, only the first that call can get theirs cleaned for $100 single, $125 double. Figured it may worth a shot. do 10 per day with no travel between jobs and walk away with some cash. But before I do that, I need to figure what is good to clean them in case I get the jobs.

I'm still pretty darn confused, as I read some of the things written in this thread. It's said that a singlewide will take 20 minutes to clean? I must be slow, because it takes me 20 minutes just to wash my Dodge Stratus. An entire singlewide mobile home?? I'm still trying to find the secret chemical that cuts this black dirt without scrubbing for 10 minutes on a 3 sq.ft. section. The sections I've cleaned with PP come out beautiful, without harming the paint at all. IT JUST TAKES FOREVER, CONSTANTLY SCRUBBING. Plus, I need to reapply at least three times, then scrub some more, then rinse again and again. I'm too old for this much scrubbing, and I figure it would probably take at least 3 eight hour days to get the whole place cleaned. For $30.00? More like 300 minimum, plus chemical costs. What in the world am I doing wrong?? My wife's starting to think I'm a dumb-a$$. HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks so much,

Bruce

I'm still pretty darn confused, as I read some of the things written in this thread. It's said that a singlewide will take 20 minutes to clean? I must be slow, because it takes me 20 minutes just to wash my Dodge Stratus. An entire singlewide mobile home?? I'm still trying to find the secret chemical that cuts this black dirt without scrubbing for 10 minutes on a 3 sq.ft. section. The sections I've cleaned with PP come out beautiful, without harming the paint at all. IT JUST TAKES FOREVER, CONSTANTLY SCRUBBING. Plus, I need to reapply at least three times, then scrub some more, then rinse again and again. I'm too old for this much scrubbing, and I figure it would probably take at least 3 eight hour days to get the whole place cleaned. For $30.00? More like 300 minimum, plus chemical costs. What in the world am I doing wrong?? My wife's starting to think I'm a dumb-a$$. HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks so much,

Bruce

Pictures of what you're trying to clean would definitely help. I don't know what kind of black dirt you're dealing with, but here, we have algae, dirt, and various insect webs/cocoons/nests. A mix of pool chlorine and a good housewash soap (citracleen or similar) always has done the trick here. I don't think I've ever had to scrub anything, with the exception of gutter streaks. 20 mintutes for a trailer is definitely hustling, if it includes setting up and putting away, but I could definitely was a singlewide vinyl trailer that fast without pushing it very hard, not counting setup and putting away.

What chems are you using now, how are you applying, and what machine are you using?

Sorry for the hi-jack but it sounds like black streaks, baked in. Most single wides around here are aluminum sided and old. Sounds like that is what h20 is dealing with.

h20,

If you choose to take these jobs and electrostatic bonding(black streaks or solid black) is what you are dealing with,brush like gutters, price accordingly and watch for paint removal.Otherwise what Mike said is right on. I did a lot of mobiles when I first started and 10 or even 8 a day, done properly is unrealistic.Even if they were all vinyl and you didn't have any sheds, carports etc.

Dan Stapleton

All Clean Pro Wash

Tavares, Fl

352-343-2811

[ATTACH]4301[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4302[/ATTACH]

Attempting to attach these two pics, to show the dirt. Doing this one small section took me about a half hour, with Purple Power, and a lot of scrub brush action. It's usually called INSANITY. Garden hose pressure. I have 3600 psi with about 3.8 gpm, but it doesn't affect this in the slightest. This clean section is very smooth and new feeling, as opposed to the grime finish. Paint was not damaged, or so it seems.

My Citraclean was s'posed to be delivered yesterday, but was rescheduled to be delivered today. Will it make me happy when I try using it on this? Maybe I'll just have to use it full strength. If I mix it with anything, what should that be? House wash, Purple Power, SH, or just water?

Sorry if I did steal this thread a little bit. My first response turned out a little different than I intended it to!

post-1785-137772156331_thumb.jpg

post-1785-137772156338_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]4301[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4302[/ATTACH]

Attempting to attach these two pics, to show the dirt. Doing this one small section took me about a half hour, with Purple Power, and a lot of scrub brush action. It's usually called INSANITY. Garden hose pressure. I have 3600 psi with about 3.8 gpm, but it doesn't affect this in the slightest. This clean section is very smooth and new feeling, as opposed to the grime finish. Paint was not damaged, or so it seems.

My Citraclean was s'posed to be delivered yesterday, but was rescheduled to be delivered today. Will it make me happy when I try using it on this? Maybe I'll just have to use it full strength. If I mix it with anything, what should that be? House wash, Purple Power, SH, or just water?

Sorry if I did steal this thread a little bit. My first response turned out a little different than I intended it to!

It looks like the same type of thing as gutter streaking, and if so, you'll need a product like Gutter Shock to get it clean.