Sign in to follow this  
smokey51

Who Profits Most From Gas Prices?

Question

OK, so Exxon Mobile earned $36 billion in profits last year. But who profited even more? According to the Tax Foundation the biggest price gouging profiteer was the US government to the tune of $54 billion in oil and gas taxes.

Since 1977, the US and state governments have collected more than $1.34 billion in gas tax revenues in inflation adjusted dollars. That is more than twice the domestic profits of all the US oil companies combined.

What gamble did the govt's take to earn their "profit". The sad part is, Exxon Mobile could lose $36 billion (their profits are cyclical) but the govt's would get their profits just the same. The only way govt's lose is if we start using less oil. Of course then, they would just raise taxes to make up for the loss.

Happy "Tax Freedom Day", April 26,2006.:)

Smokey

35 answers to this question

If anyone should be targeted for any type of gov't control (which I disgaree with altogether) it is Pharmaceutical companies. They also have tons of R&D and operate under the benign guise of saving lives. They along with banks are flat out whores, imo.

They're all whores Edited for your veiwing pleasure too. I wish we all could be whores like in Saudi Arabia, they are all rich and just import workers. We can bring in 200+ million more illegals and give them all amnesty and we all can walk around in robes with towels on our heads. Then I can have all my workers call me King JL. Now I just have them say Mr. President lol

Ya I'm losing it

That better Mike ?

They're all (edited) I wish I was a (edited) too. I wish we all could be (edited) like in Saudi Arabia, they are all rich and just import workers. We can bring in 200+ million more illegals and give them all amnesty and we all can walk around in robes with towels on our heads. Then I can have all my workers call me King JL. Now I just have them say Mr. President lol

Ya I'm losing it

Whoah, dude, calm down! This is a family friendly board!

Hey what about that stupid bill that Bill Frist and Friends are talking about. Give a $100 rebate to every one who pays federal taxes. A gas rebate. And we pay these fools to represent us. Really what is this $100 going to do other than increase the deficit by billions. Are they that stupid and do they think if they give us $100 we'll vote for them

Im just amazed at this one, at least it looks like it wont go anywhere. FOOLS

JL

Hey what about that stupid bill that Bill Frist and Friends are talking about. Give a $100 rebate to every one who pays federal taxes. A gas rebate. And we pay these fools to represent us. Really what is this $100 going to do other than increase the deficit by billions. Are they that stupid and do they think if they give us $100 we'll vote for them

Im just amazed at this one, at least it looks like it wont go anywhere. FOOLS

JL

Didn't we just get a 600 rebate a few years back? ;)

Didn't we just get a 600 rebate a few years back? ;)

Ya $300 a person and that really helped the deficit too. What ever happened to fiscal Conservative Republicans???

That $100 gas rebate is only to people who paid taxes at the end of the year so the poor wont get it and the guy who rides a train from the rich suburbs to the city will get the rebate,well at least he uses the train. I'll get the rebate its good for a day & a 1/2 worth of fuel for me.

We live in the greatest country in the world, but things just seem so screwy to me. Is it just me?

I got to go its midnight time to go siphon some gas from the rich neighborhoods. I know an ex oil exec up the road I always get a lot of gas out of his Escalade LOL

JL

Yup, number 20 &21 weren't written by me. Not sure how that happened.

Go to your user settings and change your password. Do you use the same password on other boards? Sounds like someone is playing games at your expense!

Ya $300 a person and that really helped the deficit too. What ever happened to fiscal Conservative Republicans???

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to that one too. Don't assume that just because some of us disagree with leftist fascist ideas it means that we're Republicans!!

That $100 gas rebate is only to people who paid taxes at the end of the year so the poor wont get it and the guy who rides a train from the rich suburbs to the city will get the rebate,well at least he uses the train.

They should have called it a tax rebate like they did a couple years ago. Then the poor don't qualify.

I'll get the rebate its good for a day & a 1/2 worth of fuel for me.

Supply and demand. High demand, higher prices. I bet you use a heck of a lot more gas than the former oil exec up the road. You're more to blame for these prices than most of the people you know!!

We live in the greatest country in the world, but things just seem so screwy to me. Is it just me?

Probably!

I got to go its midnight time to go siphon some gas from the rich neighborhoods. I know an ex oil exec up the road I always get a lot of gas out of his Escalade LOL

JL

I'm getting a locking gas cap. :)

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to that one too. Don't assume that just because some of us disagree with leftist fascist ideas it means that we're Republicans!!

They should have called it a tax rebate like they did a couple years ago. Then the poor don't qualify.

Supply and demand. High demand, higher prices. I bet you use a heck of a lot more gas than the former oil exec up the road. You're more to blame for these prices than most of the people you know!!

Probably!

I'm getting a locking gas cap. :)

Arghhhh, oh no !!!! more line for line responses. You better get that locking gas cap, I may be going to Florida to visit my brother, Im going to need some gas all along the way LOL

JL