Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

Gutter Shock Rocks

Question

14 answers to this question

I would SERIOUSLY like to know exactly what you used to do such a nice job on this! You joke about purple power, which has been my miracle cleaner for a few years now! Unfortunately, I'm well aware of the work that would still be involved by using the stuff (to make it look this nice, I mean). I have a neighborhood full of three story houses that want me to clean the bottoms of gutters and downspouts, so I need something that will cut the dirt without me having to go up 25 feet of ladder with a darn toothbrush!

I've read of quite a variety of chemicals and mixtures, so now I'd just like to know what your secret potion is. I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Bruce

Lance and Mike said it, Gutter Shock. For this house I mixed it 50/50 with water, applied with a pump up, let dwell for a minute, then agitated with a soft brush on an extension pole, and then rinsed with the x-jet.

I didn't want to give in and pay for the Gutter Shock because it's kinda pricey, but now that I've done a few houses with it and had lots of compliments about how white the gutters are, I'll never use anything else.

This Gutter Shock sounds wonderful, and I'll be getting some REAL soon. So, now I'd appreciate some opinions on what is the best way for me to do gutters that are 25 feet off the ground? A brush on a loooooong pole seems like a heck of a reach, but that still sounds better to me than toying with an extension ladder. What are my other options? Since you have to "agitate" the product (which was a very good word to use), would you still say that the Gutter Shock is all that much more effective than Purple Power, which also needs to be agitated? Also, when I'm cleaning the just-as-filthy downspouts, will I need to worry about getting the Gutter Shock on the colored vinyl siding?

Thanks again,

Bruce

edit; What would you all think of me using the Gutter Shock product to clean old mobile homes that are not vinyl sided? Same aluminum and finish as the gutters, so I would think it should work okay? What about cost effectiveness? Or maybe I'd be further ahead mixing up a special potion, and if so... what??

Bruce, you don't always need to agitate the GS, it just depends on how bad the gutters are. Sometimes instead of a pump up I just dip my brush into a bucket and apply it on the gutter that way. I have reached 3 story gutters standing safely on a 10 or 12 foot step ladder and using a 16 foot extension pole. I've never used Gutter Zap and I've never tried GS on trailers either, so I can't comment on that. I always wet the vinyl, windows and surronding area down before cleaning the gutters. I've never had a problem with GS hurting the vinyl. As a matter of fact I've used it to clean some tough spots on vinyl with good results. As far as GS being better than PP....oh hell yea! I can't explain the kind of "white" gutters turn out using GS. Only GS users know what I'm talking about. Gutters turn out so white it's just sick, something I never experienced with PP.