Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

The usual yuk stuff!!!

Question

Just wanted to share a few pics of a resi today. It took an hour and fiftenn min. on this one. But had to wait an extra 30 for the customer to show up and pay. So I took that time to get sunburned a little more and stuff business cards on the neighborhood mail boxes. She was very pleased.

post-1033-13777215577_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772155774_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

I downstream and have never x-jetted, would like to buy one and see if they are as good as everyone raves about. I downstream using a sodium hydroxide cleaner from a local chemical supplier and climb extension ladders. I know you guys are probably laughing from the way I hear you talk about x-jetting.

Can I add bleach to my cleaner and x-jet, clean 2 story with a 4 foot wand without getting on the ladder?

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I downstream and have never x-jetted, would like to buy one and see if they are as good as everyone raves about. I downstream using a sodium hydroxide cleaner from a local chemical supplier and climb extension ladders. I know you guys are probably laughing from the way I hear you talk about x-jetting.

Can I add bleach to my cleaner and x-jet, clean 2 story with a 4 foot wand without getting on the ladder?

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I know many who downstream very successfully and they can reach a 2 story & more with no ladders, you just have to make special tips for it I think.

I use Xjet always with no ladders for 2 story buildings. As for bleach soap & 12% & Xjet it

JL

What kind of tips are you talking about, could you direct me to someone that can tell me. what cleaner are you using that you put 12% in. Is bleach the key to cleaning the vinyl without getting real close to it.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I thought I might have to use a ladder on this one just because of the angle, but I got lucky on this one and was able to reach the highest point.

I will be honest and say that not every house is a ladder free project, but most are. I have a smaller bucket and hose setup if I actually do find myself in a position where a ladder is needed. I have a hook/chain on the bucket to hang on a ladder rung (sp?). Then I have a really short draw hose that is a 3 footer. I have a qc on the end of a gun w/o the lance portion where I attach the x-jet. It hasn't failed me yet. Personally I am leary of ladders and heights. But the x-jetting process is so fast that I am not up there for too long. It's hard to believe that I once flew planes almost every free moment I had and still have issues with heights. But... planes aren't ladders.

..... and you got it Mr. Fenner... I do love the x-jet ( it's the greatest thing since Cindy Crawford). I would probably stop doing resi's if I did not have one. I have just always heard that downstreaming is hard on the pumps and hoses. Everyone has different methods of getting 30 ft high or better. The x-jet has just been the best time and body saver for me. Body meaning, High pressure on ladder up high only using one hand to hold on with the ladder and the other , the wand= big splat at some point. My hat is off to the ones behind the x-jet technology.

Everyone has a method/tool they love. Having done both methods I prefer downstreaming. I have probably 40 housewashes on my current downstreamer/SS couplers/hose/O-Rings and not a single problem. I say that and tommorrow everything will start leaking.

Doug, with a 00250 nozzle (0 degree, number 25 orifice) you can get a nice 40 ft long stream on a 4 gpm machine. On a 5.5 gpm with a slightly bigger orifice you can hit 50 plus. It's all in your detergents. I use four gallons of pure 12.5% sodium hypo, one gallon of my housecleaning concentrate and a full bottle of high quality carwash with wax. The detergents work synergistically and I get very nice rinsing, sparkling windows, positive color shift and a nice sheen on all my house washes

Do you 10% your solution or 20% with your downstreamer. Would any of the housewashes from rowlettes or sun brite work as your house wash, with the bleach and wax. Do you mix in 5 gallon bucket and directly downstream from there.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I 'm just wanting to try this out and see if I can clean as fast with this solution as I can running up ladders or if the cleaner works better than mine.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

She didn't want the service. So I washed what I could with xjet.

I charge extra for gutters. 7 gutter companies to compete with in my area.

Boy I bet that statement is going to open up a can of worms.

Do you 10% your solution or 20% with your downstreamer. Would any of the housewashes from rowlettes or sun brite work as your house wash, with the bleach and wax. Do you mix in 5 gallon bucket and directly downstream from there.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I 'm just wanting to try this out and see if I can clean as fast with this solution as I can running up ladders or if the cleaner works better than mine.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Doug you can use Rowletts, sunbrite , dawn , cascade many kinds of cleaners and 12% and if you want wax also. Vinyl is the easiest to clean. If its mold & mildew use 12%. Me and one of my guys did 4 vinyl houses and a small vinyl fence today. He got 2 sides and I got 2 sides and with 50 minutes travel moving to different neighborhoods we were done in 4 hours, houses were all about 1900-2600 sq ft 1 or 1 1/2 stories. We Xjetted 12% & Dawn, came out great and vinyl is such easy money

As for tips for downstreaming I know PW Kid makes up some that shot real well. Mike Williamson I think may use the same type tips too. Im not sure

Try the M5 Xjet if you dont like it I'll buy it off you. Buy it from Watercannon in Orlando, they sell it for $119-$129. I can do many 3 story stilt homes with my 5.6 gpm & Xjet and never get on a ladder

Good luck

JL